For those with 500, which speakers are you using?

I would love to see a picture of this set up if you can post one.

Thanks,

Richard

Last week I hooked up my old N-Sats, now being used in my second system with a UnitiQute. Wow! What a difference with full 500 series compared with when the were last used with a multi box system with a 250 / 282. I’ve gone back to the Ovator S600 now though. :wink:

3 Likes

Herewith. New room, the challenge is that the room is hard and I am trying to soften it.

1 Like

DBLs…

37 Likes

Tony are you running the DBLs passive now?

Aye. See here - https://community.naimaudio.com/t/active-sl2-system-which-speaker-for-better-nap-power/6013/64

1 Like

Thats looking rather lovely Tony, glad you are still happy with the set up👍

2 Likes

With 36 people so far answering, there are 29 different speakers, though some are only different variations of the same. In answer to Debs the smallest by far are the Totem Mani 2, although I believe the narrowest may be the Fact 12s!

In the list below the number in brackets is the number of users if more than 1.

B&W 802 D
B&W 802 D2
B&W 802 D3
B&W 803 D3
B&W 804 D2
Focal 1028 Be
Harbeth 40.2
Kudos Titan 606
Kudos Titan 808
Kudos Titan 88 (2)
Linn Isobaric
Magico S3 MkII
Naim DBL (2)
Naim DBL (Active)
Naim NBL (3)
Naim Ovator 600
Naim SBL
Naim SL2 (2)
Neat MF9
Neat XL6
PMC Fact 12 (3)
PMC IB2 se
PMC Twentyfive.26
Proac K6
Proac K6 signature
Shahinian Diapason
Sonus Faber Amati Futura
Spendor Classic 200
Totem Mani 2

4 Likes

I use Focal Sopra 2 and am very happy. Certainly the 552/500 have brought the best out in them which 282 and then 252 plus 300DR did not, but then i didn’t have as many PowerLines and a MusicWorks mains block.

Everything on the Bristol playlist sounds wonderful. Some of the tracks have bass I have never heard so low (eg Marakesh). Most of the tracks have a big Wow factor.

My 552/500 has not been DRed but was serviced in late 2016.

Phil

Mission 70’s. , originally purchased with an Onkyo receiver in 1982.
The 552/500 a bit of an upgrade :wink:

Using Neat Ultimatum MF7’s

19 Likes

A pair of Shahinian Obelisk2’s here. Diapasons have been shifted even further down the road following my blowing all my cash on an ND555 a few weeks ago. Diapasons could be too big for the room anyway, but never say never!

11 Likes

And most excellent speakers they are too … as I never tire of saying, Naim and Neat are just a wonderful combination.

1 Like

Looks very nice Lontano. You seem to have a very similar lay out as in your old house, but didn’t you used to run MF9s? ATB Peter

Well spotted Peter - it is my old room - can’t get such a picture in the new one. I have always had MF7’s and these are the very pair that have graced your old lounge too…

2 Likes

Great speakers and very nice room! :smiley:

2 Likes

Kudos Titan 808 here…

15 Likes

The scale from those DBLs is really something . Along with the bass and just about everything else. A great system for sure. :ok_hand:t5:

6 Likes

Not a single pair of Dynaudios? Strange…

1 Like

Verity Audio Sarrastros II

Very happy with them…

11 Likes