For those with 500, which speakers are you using?

A pair of Shahinian Obelisk2’s here. Diapasons have been shifted even further down the road following my blowing all my cash on an ND555 a few weeks ago. Diapasons could be too big for the room anyway, but never say never!

11 Likes

And most excellent speakers they are too … as I never tire of saying, Naim and Neat are just a wonderful combination.

1 Like

Looks very nice Lontano. You seem to have a very similar lay out as in your old house, but didn’t you used to run MF9s? ATB Peter

Well spotted Peter - it is my old room - can’t get such a picture in the new one. I have always had MF7’s and these are the very pair that have graced your old lounge too…

2 Likes

Great speakers and very nice room! :smiley:

2 Likes

Kudos Titan 808 here…

15 Likes

The scale from those DBLs is really something . Along with the bass and just about everything else. A great system for sure. :ok_hand:t5:

6 Likes

Not a single pair of Dynaudios? Strange…

1 Like

Verity Audio Sarrastros II

Very happy with them…

11 Likes

Every one of my all-time favorite systems have used DBLs . . .

3 Likes

Those Verity are beautiful, surprised to not see more of them on various forums.

Ovator S600 here witn 552/500 DR, looking forward for Sopra 3 or some Magicos in the future
Regards
Roberto

6 Likes

I use B&W 802 D2s with a NAP 500.

… Gauder Akustik Berlina 7 Diamond MK 2, replacing NBL‘s

12 Likes

B&W 802D2. The 803D2 also works very well in our room. As does the Spendor S5e.

I’ve heard them driving SL2 and nSub at our dealer. A very different presentation and also superb.

2 Likes

If I wouldn’t have my Verity Audio’s I would definitely give these ones a try…

A day after my last summary and 10 more responses, so an updated list!

35 different speaker models. If differences between versions are ignored then the speaker with the most users is B&W 802 with 5 people using, otherwise split between B&W 802 D2, Naim NBL and PMC Fact 12, each with 3 users.

As before the number in parentheses after a speaker is the number of users if more than one:

B&W 802 D
B&W 802 D2 (3)
B&W 802 D3
B&W 803 D3
B&W 804 D2
Focal 1028 Be
Focal Supra 2
Gauder Acoustik Berlina 7 Diamond Mk 2
Harbeth 40.2
Kudos Titan 606
Kudos Titan 808 (2)
Kudos Titan 88 (2)
Linn Isobaric
Magico S3 MkII
Mission 70
Naim DBL (2)
Naim DBL (Active)
Naim NBL (3)
Naim Ovator 600 (2)
Naim SBL
Naim SL2 (2)
Neat MF9
Neat Ultimatum MF7
Neat XL6
PMC Fact 12 (3)
PMC IB2 se
PMC Twentyfive.26
Proac K6
Proac K6 signature
Shahinian Diapason
Shahinian Obelisk 2
Sonus Faber Amati Futura
Spendor Classic 200
Totem Mani 2
Verity Audio Sarrastros II

2 Likes

And furthermore the top 3 brands:

Naim speakers
9 “old style”
2 “new style”

B&W

Kudos

Interesting, B&W isn’t a brand that is normally spoken of as a natural Naim pair, yet from an admittedly small sample it is the most common non-Naim match at 500 level. I think my 804S sound great fed by 52/135s, so I’m not surprised.

1 Like

Not surprised either. B&W 8 series speakers are special and despite being potentially difficult loads, the big Naim amps have no trouble!

Love my 804D3 on the 300DR.

4 Likes