For those with 500, which speakers are you using?

Totally agree with you on Tyler! Such an easy guy to work with, very responsive. Glad to have found him in a round about way roughly eight or so years ago.

1 Like

@kuma

On the Magicos, they are just at the ragged edge of my budget. The Rockport Avior were around $25k. The low end Magico was in that range but the one to get would have been a big step up. I got a demo deal on the Proac D40R, and now the K6 this time last year. It lacks nothing but if I were buying today, I would look at the K6 Signature with the bigger midrange. If they are @ChrisBell worthy, they are worth a look for you.

1 Like

I ran into Tyler when I bought @Bart’s preloved 252 from him. Then we dealt on some PowerLines at very reasonable prices. I would buy from him again in a heartbeat.

1 Like

I would love to hear a pair of Dynaudio Confidence C4 Platinum on a 500DR. I have C2 Platinum on a 300DR so that’s enough to make my mouth water (not that I can spring for either one).

My Uniti 1 was purchased new from him around 2012, and that has been such a solid, great sounding piece of gear. Then on Monday I ordered a Nait XS3/ND5XS2 from him to kind of slide up a bit and get my streamer up to date. The Uniti will go to my bedroom. Sorry for the slight thread detour here! Back to it…

2 Likes

I’ve heard IBL’s active with 2 x 500’s. You’ve never heard little speakers make such bass.

5 Likes

As an IBL owner that is something I’d Love to hear!

3 Likes

B & W 802D on two levels of Mana stands, the top of which is a thick piece of marble

Very small (tho of course not cheap!) I recently heard some Wilson TuneTots on ND555/552/500 Stunningly good, even on heavy rock and full orchestral classical. Absolutely nothing left wanting. Cool trick!

2 Likes

I would love to see a picture of this set up if you can post one.

Thanks,

Richard

Last week I hooked up my old N-Sats, now being used in my second system with a UnitiQute. Wow! What a difference with full 500 series compared with when the were last used with a multi box system with a 250 / 282. I’ve gone back to the Ovator S600 now though. :wink:

3 Likes

Herewith. New room, the challenge is that the room is hard and I am trying to soften it.

1 Like

DBLs…

37 Likes

Tony are you running the DBLs passive now?

Aye. See here - https://community.naimaudio.com/t/active-sl2-system-which-speaker-for-better-nap-power/6013/64

1 Like

Thats looking rather lovely Tony, glad you are still happy with the set up👍

2 Likes

With 36 people so far answering, there are 29 different speakers, though some are only different variations of the same. In answer to Debs the smallest by far are the Totem Mani 2, although I believe the narrowest may be the Fact 12s!

In the list below the number in brackets is the number of users if more than 1.

B&W 802 D
B&W 802 D2
B&W 802 D3
B&W 803 D3
B&W 804 D2
Focal 1028 Be
Harbeth 40.2
Kudos Titan 606
Kudos Titan 808
Kudos Titan 88 (2)
Linn Isobaric
Magico S3 MkII
Naim DBL (2)
Naim DBL (Active)
Naim NBL (3)
Naim Ovator 600
Naim SBL
Naim SL2 (2)
Neat MF9
Neat XL6
PMC Fact 12 (3)
PMC IB2 se
PMC Twentyfive.26
Proac K6
Proac K6 signature
Shahinian Diapason
Sonus Faber Amati Futura
Spendor Classic 200
Totem Mani 2

4 Likes

I use Focal Sopra 2 and am very happy. Certainly the 552/500 have brought the best out in them which 282 and then 252 plus 300DR did not, but then i didn’t have as many PowerLines and a MusicWorks mains block.

Everything on the Bristol playlist sounds wonderful. Some of the tracks have bass I have never heard so low (eg Marakesh). Most of the tracks have a big Wow factor.

My 552/500 has not been DRed but was serviced in late 2016.

Phil

Mission 70’s. , originally purchased with an Onkyo receiver in 1982.
The 552/500 a bit of an upgrade :wink:

Using Neat Ultimatum MF7’s

19 Likes