Fraim is going in

I shouldn’t think so, but i also dont know for sure, but it does have its own power supply built in.

Anyway it would be too high, but i think i will re gig it about, once the 552 is back, and see if i can hear a difference, but it makes sense to move the 500 and 552 over.

I think that this solution would work with brain and brawn stack. The DCS is at the top so won’t be as affected in the Brawn stack. Have got my CDS3 on top of Brawn stack. Sometimes compromises need to be made.

You may not have enough room or want to spend more money.

But you could have separate stack for the DCS and Rega P10. Keeping stacks lower and the DCS separate would look great IMHO.

1 Like

Haven’t got the width for 3 naim stacks.

Good luck Dunc. I hate doing that. But I know it’s worse trying different places. You will finally find the best set up for sure.

Going to move it about today, as it wont take long.
Plus i will get to see how it looks and sounds.

I agree keeping the silver DCS and melco kit on a separate rack might well improve the looks as it somehow doesn’t look quite right with all the kit mixed together on the black Fraim. Maybe it’s a case of too much going on? I wonder if the non Naim kit could sit on Dunc’s wood shelves (which did look good) alongside the black Fraim? No idea if the racks could go along the side of the room rather than between the speakers but I guess that might mean longer speaker cables…

1 Like

Well move it again lol

Going to keep it like this for now and see how it goes.
Can’t put my rack anywhere else in the room.
Can’t go anymore than this, in width or height.
Its a case off doing the best with what’s above in the pic, the only way is less gear, and that means the naim kit would be 1st to go, and as I am very happy with it, I don’t want to change anything.

Have thought about moving the melco out the rack, but that means a very expensive cable between the melco and rossini, plus sitting the melco in a poor place, so with that it can stay put.

5 Likes

Cheers for the idea.
As you can see I have gone for it, apart from the second medium height shelf, as it would have been to high.

It looks great, job well done…should sound great.

Warming back up, but your right it does sound good

1 Like

Could you put the Melco in another room? I have my server in the next room, with an Ethernet cable passing through a hole in the wall (3/8” diameter, with a plastic tube acting as a conduit). The other benefit is that I don’t hear the hiss of the hard discs spinning.

Clive, see my post above, also the melco is 100% quite, so no problems with hissing

I assume you mean the post to which I replied.

Excellent. It’s odd, from your first picture I thought the DCS would be ok on the right but clearly not in practice. Fingers crossed that the 552 returns soon. It will be great to have everything up and running.

Well certainly getting along very nicely with the fraim, it has brought more urgency to the music and much more on it toes, if that makes sense.
Also it has once again allowed me better speaker placement and been messing about with this, and found a new favourite position, this has also helped with much better sound stage and 3d, its so wide that at times its like have a speaker behind me, and a few times i have even turned my head as i thought someone was there.
Another nice thing, is that my 552 should be back this week, and then we really will see, as right now i know that its not at its best, running direct

1 Like

Could you show us the cable dressing behind?

Will take a pic tomorrow

ots , but how do you like the rp10 and more specifically the Rega Aura. I’m using a basically linn lp-12 at Akurate level (well it will be when I get it back), but I now have a Rega Aura. Unfortunately til the prefix comes out and cable is changed and the tt gets lingo 4 and karousel bearing it just makes for a heavyweight door stop. I’ve now moved everything around on a double wide quadraspire 4 shelf and even managed to make all the power cords relatively neat - IT’S DRIVING ME CRAZY, waiting for the tt to be done.

I haven’t been able to use the P10 as my 552 had to go back to naim, its just been the rossini direct into the 500 as it has a pre built in, but have to adjust the rossini outputs when doing this, so its performance is not as good as it can be, but atleast i have music.

1 Like

I’ve been using my ndx2, cd5 and nat o5, but the tt is just sitting here and I was able to take the lingo 2 to the dealer- thought it might speed things up (no luck). I didn’t even audition the aura but bought as an open box special, so it sits and it sits. On the flip-side, my cables have never looked neater and power cords are well away from signal cables but…. aargh