Fraim rear leg - new narrow option

Guess I should have scrolled up, I thought the leg would be curved on both sides but it appears the narrow side is flat in the above posted pics, & as you say wouldn’t match the curve on the rear of the Fraim shelf.

Aesthetically speaking, the OCD in me doesn’t like the angles on the sides no longer matching :joy:

Did anyone ever find out part numbers for the narrow legs. I might very need that for my dealer.

1 Like

Never had a part number - my dealer ordered Naim Fraim Narrow Rear Leg Option (Black) and they turned up .

Available in black or silver, standard height only.

ATB, J

1 Like

Unfortunately for us in the states, Focal has a new system for dealers and it’s apparently very painful. Hell, it took my dealer two+ weeks to get an RA for my broken HiLine.

I originally sought a part number, but neither myself nor my dealer managed to get one - he rang up his rep who said order ‘this’, we did and they turned up.

Sorry, no help at all really.

ATB, J

1 Like

Much like a plug socket face behind a cabinet, that you cannot see and so did not change when you refreshed the rest in the room’s sockets, the different width rears on a multi level fraim would eventually drive me mad :crazy_face:

What the eye doesn’t see……… :joy:

ATB, J

You’ll need several then.

1 Like

Of course one would need to test any potential SQ degradation from the use of a single and multiple narrow rear legs vs all standard width rear legs.

The different width rear legs will have different resonant frequencies and different mechanical properties. I suggest extensive blind A/B listening tests would sort this all out.

Any volunteers?

2 Likes

You’re pulling our legs… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

:crazy_face:

Finally lost my marbles, Geoff.

2 Likes

Don’t get me started on the potential effects of longer Fraim legs! I have 3 levels - all medium legs. And what about Fraim stacks that have differing height legs. Combine this with different width rear legs. :scream:

The sort of stuff to give you sleepless nights!

1 Like

Apparently thats what the Naim crew did

I would imagine the Naim testers would occasionally need their heads removed from their own rear ends, particularly if there were several prototypes to test.

That would change the shade of any golden ears. :wink:

1 Like

At a casual glance, I would not be surprised to find the standard rear leg and the new narrow rear leg have the same, or very similar, surface area and therefore would deliver the same loading per square centimetre?

Just a thought, could well be wrong.

ATB, J

Just bolt it on and forget all about it.
Makes me cry sometimes all this, as if you are going to hear a difference is laughable really.
Plus all these old guys on hear pretending to be able to hear stuff, i bet they carnt hear above 12khz to start with.

4 Likes

Dunc, it’s all tongue in cheek, mate.

I guess self-deprecation can get lost online.

3 Likes

​I suddenly got the feeling that one of my legs was shorter than the other. I remember the way my mother was always pulling my leg. I looked down and saw I was walking with one foot in the gutter. I gave a sigh of relief and continued with both feet in the gutter

5 Likes

Hearing, typing and spelling isn’t a problem for some of us!

8 Likes

Eh, wassat? :smirk:

ATB, J