Fraim rear leg - new narrow option

Hi @Richard.Dane

If I was to use glass shelves,
Where would they be best used?
On the brains stack or brawn?

Thanks

Mark

In this world of hi end hifi, they both dont even get close.
But the fraim could be classed as hi end for naim only gear. As it certainly helps the naim sound come together.

As i said you might like what a glass shelf or even rack does.
But if you want something thatā€™s not going to add itā€™s own signature to the sound, then you certainly donā€™t start with glass.

Mark, just using glass in itself is no panacea. It has to be a part of a rackā€™s overall design. Iā€™ve heard kit where putting it on glass made it sound worse, and also Iā€™ve heard racks that used glass that just didnā€™t work that well.

I need a couple of these skinny legsā€¦Iā€™ll contact new reps Iā€™m working with in the US and see what they say and report back.

Regarding distribution, the distributor is still Focal Naim Americaā€¦but the people representing FNA have changed in the US. I met with the new team yesterday. The news processes/software interface between dealer and the new FNA rep organization is a current bottle neck they hope will be resolved soon.

1 Like

Great. Let us know, thanks. My dealer has faced that new bottlenecked process. It took a couple weeks fro them to get an RA for my broken HiLine.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the thin leg lets a Radikal sit squarely on the fraim shelf without the plugs fouling the leg?
Apologies if Iā€™ve missed this but a quick skim did not bring anything up.

Exactly what I wanted to know, too.

Perhaps post a photo of the back of the Radikal?

Or look at this;

ATB, J

Hi @Richard.Dane
I have oak racks.
I was just wondering whether to add glass, cup & balls to the oak shelves & what would benefit, brains or brawn?

Thanks

Mark

As Richard says, thereā€™s no guarantee it will work. You may have to try it and see what you think. When I had my Quadraspire I tried Naim glass, cups and balls on it and frankly it sounded hideous. Splashy, harsh and plain nasty.

There are only a couple of manufactures that seem to have solved the glass interface satisfactorily and thatā€™s Naim and Mana. Iā€™d go as far to say that I think Mana frames are even more natural than the Fraim when used in the right combinations and with the right equipment.

1 Like

You could do worse than work through this thread

1 Like

Just wonderingā€¦ is it possible that you happen to live in the US?:thinking:

^^^truth

1 Like

Are you saying ā€œclient is the kingā€ only in USA?

King?:thinking: In Europe we donā€™t even talk in those termsā€¦ For us itā€™s basically about long-term relationship, trust and confidence between dealer and customer. Kingā€¦:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

ā€œThe customer is Kingā€ is a known phrase in the UK. In many ways I think itā€™s a lot better than ā€œThe customer is always rightā€ because, often the customer is not right and would be better off being guided and advised wisely and accordingly by those who know better. However, right or wrong, they are always ā€œKingā€ā€¦

3 Likes

Okay, never heard that phrase beforeā€¦ in that case I probably prefer the real kings that we haveā€¦:innocent:

Do not agree :slight_smile: Iā€™ve heard it many times in Sweden. Mainly a phrase used by sales people or product management so not heard of as often as a customer. If you look and HIFI-stores and their revenue in Sweden Iā€™d say it pretty much sums it up pretty good in that those stores that think they are kings have a declined revenue and those that believe customer is king have increased revenue.

What donā€™t you agree with? As I wroteā€¦ I havenā€™t heard it before. Incidentally, I think there is a lot in what Richard says, many customers do not know what they are talking about.