Furutech Discussion

I would highly recommend reading through this thread, lots of info on most of your questions already posted above. As for fuses, no personal experience & Furutech doesn’t make them so probably a question for another thread.

1 Like

To spice up an already hot soup… QSA. New range of wall socket receptacles.

The “Gold” flagship some £8.000.

I assume fuses on PowerCables must be a UK thing.

Yupp

1 Like

I have the C-004 and P-004. If you like the Oyaide sound you might consider these or go right to the top F1 IEC/M1 models.

I use mostly Purple fuses and some HFT Supreme 3.

1 Like

There is a place for the PL somewhere certainly, it has great synergy as you say, and I think especially with the amplifiers.
I have replaced my PLs with the Chord SignatureX.

Still burning the new cable and plug/connectors in; but I am already impressed.

Out of interest, has anyone tried Furutech’s interconnect or speaker cables? I am very happy with what I have, but I noticed they do a good range and what look like high quality DIN, RCA, XLR connectors etc.

I have not heard anyone talking about these, which I find surprising given how popular their brand is.

1 Like

A few days ago Furutech introduced the new NCF Power Vault Premium Performance Power Distributor (see website). It is an unfiltered distributor and appears to be the successor to the 809. Price of the Vault: 7500 US Dollar, 7900 Euro.

2 Likes

Yes, their DSS-4.1 looks like a rather interesting speaker cable, but I’m already running SuperLumina so no desire to try anything else. The DAS-4.1 also looks like it could potentially be a great bulk cable. I’m rather happy with what I’m currently running but have thought about swapping some of the connectors both CF-102 NCF & CF-601/602 NCF are potential upgrades.

1 Like

I’m the same as you and do not need/want to change. That is why I was interested if anyone else had some or prior experience with them. Sounds like they may be more popular in non-UK/European markets.

I’ll probably get around to doing some more experimenting come next winter. The leads from my turntable to phono are where I’m thinking about the CF-102’s & my Siltech AES cable between streamer & DAC is where the CF-601/602 could be swapped.

1 Like

Interesting, I’m using Powerline on my tube DAC and tube phono pre and using Furutech DPS 4.1 LE on the Naim 500 series.

I like what the Furutech cables do on the Naim gear and I like what the Naim powerline does on the tube gear.

4 Likes

I ordered myself another set of FI50 & 1636R connectors yesterday along with some DPS 4.1 after already being impressed with my recent purchase. Looking forward to it arriving.

Does anyone have a recommendation on which box would get most benefit? I’m guessing my NDX2 or NAC 252?

2 Likes

I would always improve on the source first but it’s a high current power cable so perhaps your power amp will thank you for it

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I have a Puritan Ultimate cable going into my 250DR so I will try it on the NDX2 first (which is powered by an XPS DR); but also experiment swapping them around to see what I think sounds best. I’ll report back if anyone is interested once it arrives.

3 Likes

Looking forward to reading your impressions.

1 Like

After liking what the FI E 38 (R) from a PowerLine did on my Sean Jacobs power block, I fitted a FI E 50 NCF (R). My wall socket is a rhodium NCF so there should be good synergy there. Initial impressions were of superb HiFi improvements but not necessarily more musical enjoyment. However, that changed over several weeks and my system now sounds better than it ever has. The initial increase in detail, soundstage and attack are still there but now there is fluidity to the music that pulls me in and holds my attention. This is apparent in all genres and all sources; internet radio, ripped CD, HD downloads etc. A superb and significant upgrade to an already fantastic product from Sean Jacoba.

7 Likes

I use a Teradak fiber media converter to feed my Uniti Atom and yesterday replaced the stock IEC inlet with a Furutech FI-03 rhodium and the generic power cable with an MCRU No. 75 mains cable (which has Furutech connectors on both ends). Initial impressions are extremely favorable, with audible improvements in both the bass and dynamics.

1 Like

This is probably what has impressed me most with all the Furutech upgrades I have done, while improving the hifi aspects it wasn’t at the expense of the musicality & if anything actually improved it, something that unfortunately often isn’t the case.

2 Likes

@Daan-1975
I see you have a Furutech e-tp609E. How do you like it? There are a few of us very interested to hear from someone with first-hand knowledge of this unit.

1 Like