Furutech Discussion

I can concur re the ifi DC blocker, I tried it earlier this month and it really distorted the sound when plugged into my scdr.

1 Like

So…I don’t mind admitting that after a serious temper tantrum, a few tears and needing to buy my wife a very big bunch of flowers as an apology for snapping at her when she asked if she could help :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

I have FINALLY got all the cables in place… The green cord probably needs a little bit more trimming, but there is far less pressure on the box when connected in this setup.

5 Likes

I’m turning it on now and will update tomorrow. The 4.1 DPS cable really is a very tough cable to terminate, Furutech have some good YouTube videos but instructions are lacking for UK plug fittings…

3 Likes

What’s your philosophy on having different cables on all boxes?

I would love to say it’s for a specific reason, but in reality a function of cost and learning about things as I go. Plus it looks nice :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Very good NCF 50 :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks, it is starting to sound good after leaving it playing all day.

I had to make a compromise with the 4.1 dps and FI-1363 R plug though. I purchased their rhodium spades to connect the cable wires to the plug. However, I found it pretty much impossible to strip the cable to the right length to fit the plug with the spades on and in the end gave up and just terminated the wires bare in the plug clamps. Not the end of the world and I was running out of cable to strip back! They have a great how to video on YouTube but this is for an EU connector.

2 Likes

Running in 2 of my NCF 50. Had settled down quite abit after 100 hrs running in

2 Likes

Very promising with Furutech Rhodium C19 so far. Much better balance than same connector in gold. I don’t get along well with gold it seems. To bloated in the bass area and overall slow.

4 Likes

Nice work, they really do take some running in. I was quite shocked the first time I switched them on, it was really bright and a bit too much for my ears. Starting to sound goooood now. I’m also pleased to be listening to music again rather than constantly trimming wires and clearing up the mess :rofl:

2 Likes

That is good to hear (no pun intended). They are expensive for what they are; but I really pleased I did it.

2 Likes

:joy: sure thing enjoying it than trimming them

1 Like

Looks like Furutech has released a couple of new products:

FURUTECH NCF CLEAR LINE USB AND CLEAR LINE LAN

1 Like

I apologise if this question has already been answered and I’ve missed it but do all the FI-1363 Rhodium NCF plugs have the NCF writing written in blue on the plug?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s been answered before. Looks like it’s a UK plug that’s not available here in North America.

I’m not an expert on the UK plugs but a quick google search looks like they use 1363 for all their UK connectors, so I’d guess if it didn’t have NCF written on the plug, its likely the non NCF 1363 Rhodium. Hopefully someone from the UK can confirm.

2 Likes

Furutech support is very helpful and fast so you can always send them an email and ask.

2 Likes

I have 3 Furutech DIY AC cables I use on power supplies. FP-S022N, S032N, S55N.

SN55N is fitted with FI-46 (G) NCF connectors. The other two cables use (China knock-offs?) ConneX, ‘custom’ connectors made for a local parts supplier (Parts ConneXion).
Their claim;
• Material: Tellurium Copper Base Metal (99.5% pure)
• Finish: Rhodium-plated (extremely hard, smooth & rugged)
• Body: Polished Chrome-plated “machined” Brass, w/Carbon Fiber
• Terminals: Improved “tang” design

When I tried SN55/FI-46 G NCF with the NAIT 50 I got a solid L/R image, but lost the illusion of height. I felt the bass was slightly reduced in ‘heft’ compared to the other two cables. Overall I thought the S022N and S032N cables were on par and I enjoyed them. The connectors probably made more influence here?

2 Likes

The Alpha-Nano series is already a warmer sounding cable, so unless you want a cable that leans to the very warm side, typically most won’t pair them with gold connectors. I’d say you’re correct in that the ends are likely having more impact on the sound then the cable itself. Having used both S55N & SO22N, my findings would be the S55N has further extension with both the bottom end & top end vs the SO22N. Not exactly a cheap DIY combo, but the S55N paired with the FI-50 NCF R connectors makes an outstanding cable for the cost.

4 Likes

FI-50 NCF R are well reviewed by many. They are expensive! I would have to try them before any purchase.

1 Like