Furutech Discussion

For people who are using the TCS31 power cable. Which connectors are you using? What’s your overall impression of the cable please?

2 Likes

How about the difference between the s022n and the s032n?

1 Like

Hi,
In the short term listening that I did I could not hear a notable difference between FP-S022N and FP-S032N while powering the NAIT 50. I thought they were both pretty similar and complimented the amp very well indeed. I would say neutral and pretty much ‘out of the way’ . I was not really focusing on differentiating the cables that closely, just listening to some favorite tracks!
B.

2 Likes

I have not tried the TCS31, any of the comparisons I’ve come across in the past has it warmer then the S series, unless you need a cable that tips things in the very warm direction, I’d say something rhodium is what you’d be after, for a better balance.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

How did it go with the Ultimate cable in the end? are you still using it on your 156? And with which connectors finally?
@Blackbird

1 Like

I still use and prefer Puritan Ultimate from wall socket to Puritan 156. I have a FI-32 Rhodium C19 from Furutech on it since I found the Furutech gold made my system to warm.

2 Likes

And which connector do you use on the wall end?
Have you tried the NCF 50 R connectors also on the cable?

The original one for now.

1 Like

Has anyone tried the DPS 4.1 or S55N with NCF 50 connectors on the powerblock?

I am demoing a S55N with NCF50 connectors on both ends to connect the 156 and there is a lot to like with this combination but I sometimes think it is a bit lean / polite and at times I’m wondering whether the sound is a bit artificial. There is quite some slam but sometimes I miss some meat on the bone so to say. Is this the cable or the connector? I also tried the S032N with the 38 gold connectors and there the fullness seems to be better but at the cost of lots of other aspects such as clarity, silence and detail.

1 Like

If you read the posts above I have made a number of comments of DPS 4.1 vs S55N, all with 50 NCF connectors. I’m currently running the DPS 4.1 combo to my powerblock & S55N combo’s to my DAC & phono. The NCF 50 are very neutral, yes I would say the S55N is just on the warmer side of neutral as well, the DPS 4.1 would lean closer to neutral (probably still has just a touch of warmth). I wouldn’t classify either of the combo’s as being a bit lean, I’d say more accurate, it would be the gold ends that is artificially adding fullness. The DPS seems to have more slam vs S55N & more detail/resolution but I would say bass would be fairly similar between the two.

3 Likes

On the DIY assemblies of brand new cables it seems to help speed up the SQ when the cable is loosened up mechanically by ‘massaging’ for lack of a better word (holding sections of the cable and moving a 6 to 12 in portion of it with the other hand like you are trying to ‘relax, loosen’ the cores and insulation)

1 Like

Sounds like what I did for my Burndy cable.

1 Like

Come to think of it, I probably picked up the term from this forum :grinning:

1 Like

La Trappe Quadrupel 11% beer, while assembling Neotech 3002 cable using Furutech connectors.

6 Likes

Mmmmm, beeerrrrrr

1 Like

How do you use cables with same connectors both ends?

3 Likes

I am about to ask the same question too :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is where the 11% comes into play :rofl:

3 Likes