Genesis is the best musical group of all time

Country Life is a masterpiece.

3 Likes

Is that because your NAS is a bit too full with the Nolan Sisters and the Bay City Rollers??

1 Like

My dad used to like Genesis.

1 Like

Dan, I’d recommend you listen to “A Trick Of The Tail” a couple of times.

IMO. The best Genesis album of all time. :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

I think I was there too. I enjoyed it though. I remember my friend at the time running up on the stage at the end of the encores and nicking his ebow. Some guitar gizmo. Roadies running around everywhere asking where he went and I didn’t have a clue. Found him panting by my car about 40 minutes later having been chased throughout the Lanes still clutching the ebow. Memories.

For me, it’s as Richard said. Everything up to Selling England was a treat. SEBTP is one of my all-time favorite LPs that I can listen to the entire album no problem.
As far as later works, Phil Collins ‘Pop Star’ did one of the best covers I’ve ever heard, when he covered ‘You can’t hurry love’.
IMO, of course.

Dave

The criteria is simple did the band move the musical dial?

1. Beatles
  2. Hendrix
  3. Zeppelin
  4. Jethro Tull (prog rock)
  5. Joni Mitchell ( because it’s my list)
2 Likes

It must have been 78 or 79. Heaven knows why I went. In autumn 79 I was at Uni and saw Joy Division supporting Buzzcocks. That, to me, is unsurpassed music. But as I’ve said, it’s each to their own. I’d take Atmosphere over the entire Genesis oeuvre but many would not.

5 Likes

Are you suggesting you’ve listened to every Genesis album. :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Good to see other Joy Division lovers … I must admit that I don’t play Closer that frequently as years ago, but it is still one of my all-time favourites …

The new 2020 clear vinyl edition sounds fantastic. Their three 12” singles have been reissued too.

1 Like

Must consider vinyl again first :wink:

I’ve been really enjoying it. There is even a record shop in Emsworth and there is something special about getting a new record and bringing it home to play. I don’t have loads but it’s lovely nonetheless.

1 Like

Apart from anything else, @yankfish, what’s this “Genesis is” malarkey? It’s are here, the way God intended. :wink:

1 Like

When one has a tentative grasp on grammar it’s often easier to see things in black and white.

1 Like

To be fair, if he really is a Yank fish, that’s the way they do things. (Wrongly :rofl:)

1 Like

Er, except that the Jimi Hendrix Experience actually WAS the best group of all time (including the future), but excluding the Paul Bley Trio and the Miles Davis groups of the 70s.

2 Likes

Sorry.

But this group simply blows away Beatles, Tull, Zep, Joy Division, Stones. :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Hey Charles
You, me and Bill Carrothers were all born in 1964.
The Best year to be born in, bar none.

Not many people know this, but that album cover is an actual photo of Phil Collins dressed as a cockerel.

2 Likes

Don’t think so :expressionless: