Help please!

The missing option to upload a linked image is annoying but quite straightforward to solve.

In Windows
Have a second tab open with the image from the web you want to link
→ right click the image to open dialogue box
→ Copy Image Address
→ Open the original naim forum browser tab
→ Paste into Reply Box.

71GodlVJ7LL.SS500
Cheers @GeoffC , I’ve got that to work i think :+1:

1 Like

You did !

2 Likes

i would just like to say a big thank you to all the helpful members that chipped in to resolve my issue with a positive conclusion. Good luck to anybody else still experiencing issues, somebody here will be able to help you, I am sure. Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks again Geoff.

1 Like

No worries Alan, I saw this problem earlier in the day (via mobile) but wasn’t home to check the issue on my desktop and to reply, otherwise I would have been quicker!

1 Like

No probs, now I’m off to practise my skills in the WAYLT thread.

2 Likes

Not yet, but I’ll give it a try later, or tomorrow.

Thank you.

Hi Richard,

I have tried the suggestion to delete the History Cache and restart. This resulted in TOTAL loss of Internet access via Firefox !

However, I managed to open a dormant version of Google Chrome and regain Internet access. (But not access to the Naim Forum).

I did eventually access the Internet via Firefox (but again, not the current Forum). To do this I used a recent email with an embedded Internet link to my works website. I had tried this with links from your post to the Forum, but without success.

I am now back where I was last night. I can access the Internet using my ThinkPad/Windows XP/Firefox or Chrome. But they still can’t access the current Naim Forum (but can access the old archived Forum).

I would be extremely grateful if your web developer was able to help resolve.

Many thanks,
Don

Maybe it’s something to do with the fact that you are still usingWindows XP. Does the latest update, of a couple of days ago, to Discourse that underpins the Naim Forum still support Windows XP @Richard.Dane?

Best

David

I don’t know for sure David. At a guess I would say probably not as XP is no longer supported across the board. I’ll find out from our web dev.

What I really meant Richard is whether anything changed in the last update two or so days ago that could affect XP users……

Yup, I understood that. I don’t know, I have asked our web dev.

1 Like

Hi David,

I fully accept that both Windows XP and consequently my version of Firefox and Chrome are all well past their ‘ sell by’ dates :sunglasses:

Even so, I can access every website that I have recently used and tested again today. This includes the Naim website - just not the Forum :sunglasses:

Perhaps I can’t take the hint, and you guys are just too polite to tell me bluntly that my time here is also past it’s sell by date !!!

Mrs D’s response was to just go buy an up to date computer and stop frigging around ! I have this funny feeling that it’s not just the computer she would like to see replaced …………

Cheers
Don

1 Like

I hate changing computers too. I am still using a Thinkpad with Windows 7 prof on it, although I also have an up to date MacBook Pro to use when paying clients are involved! The Thinkpad is just so nice to use.

1 Like

Don, I’ve heard back from our web developer and he was rather surprised to hear that the forum had been working for you on XP for quite so long! It has been long unsupported so I’m afraid there’s nothing that can be done here. It looks like an OS upgrade is past overdue…

1 Like

Oh well …… !

@DrMark
Hi, this thread is about the issue you have seen.

Dr Mark, I’ve replied to you elsewhere, but will copy my reply here too so anybody else can see it;

Since the platform update this has changed slightly, I guess to make it simpler;

Use native file picker
When uploading a file to the composer, Discourse will now use the native file picker instead of first displaying a custom modal. Discourse also passes along the supported file extensions to the operating system so users don’t have to think about what is allowed. In addition to the upload button, users can continue to copy/paste and drag/drop files to upload them in the composer.

Just so that everyone is aware:

Support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020 . If you are still using Windows 7, your PC may become more vulnerable to security risks.