Here we go its vinyl time

But you, when you bought the Vertere, it came with a phono cable?
Most turntables come with a phono cable. At least a stock one.
But Vertere seems not clear on that.

Seconded! Right from track 1 side 1. Ruby Baby is my favorite!

Scott

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Just checking the album out, but rossini time.
Hi res is sounding great, by the way and the first time itā€™s been used for days

1 Like

Yes. The only extra you need to buy for the MG-1 is a cartridge. Oh, and a cover.

1 Like

Our cover came from Sora-shop in Germany for 70 euros, including delivery.
The Vertere posh cover was only Ā£700 at the timeā€¦

Yes I remember your witty post about it. A cover for ā‚¬70, with one zero, not Ā£700, with two.

Iā€™m getting one made locally, too.

1 Like

I feel that Vertere decks are very fairly priced. But the additional options like a 3k internal cable of the tonearm or that 700 uk pounds for the cover is exaggerated.

1 Like

Well as we have the rossini going
Cue up yello toy on vinyl
Cue up same on the rossini, turn the output down to 2 volt, this perfectly matches the sme.
Start them both off at the same point and switch between then on the inputs on 552.

Results well, very hard to tell them apart, the rossini is slightly better as some instruments are just a bit louder, so easier to pick out, also it sounds a bit more 3d but its very, very close
I guess maybe because its a modern copy of the digital, but whatever it is both very good

1 Like

I have some new albums that were produced also on vinyl. They sound identical through my Rp10 and through Nds playing the hires. Hard to differentiate.
But when I play true analogue lps from the 70ā€™s, and if they are well recorded, they sound very poor on my Nds. Completely night and day.
The reason I donā€™t buy them anymore on hires. Prefer so much more the lp.

2 Likes

Hi FR, I think that the internal tonearm HB wiring is a Ā£1k optional upgrade. This is more important than the Ā£3k Pulse R external phono cable. If I were you, Iā€™d opt for the HB internal tone arm wiring and the standard red external cable. A Pulse R external cable can always come later if you feel the need (I donā€™t!)

Hope this helps, BF

1 Like

Canā€™t stretch the budget. I am already very high. I have 2 options: upgrade the internal cable or buy a Lyra Kleos.
Guess what I will choose :grin:

Two lovely choices, you canā€™t lose either way :grin:

1 Like

Just read a review on the Part time audiophile site. The reviewer is comparing the Rega P10 vs the Mg1. Same cart, same phono.

ā€œ The Rega was more carbonated and exciting sounding. The Vertere Acoustics MG-1 had that flow I had heard before, but now it was laid bare. Itā€™s an ease to the sound that was beautiful in a relaxed, confident way, not overtly lush or lacking in detail or dynamics (both macro and micro) but rather an enjoyable continuum that it brought to the music, a subtle inevitability to each new phrase or note or drum beat.

The Rega was by no means brash or edgy, and in fact, itā€™s slightly more energized and exciting presentation was enjoyable in a rock and roll kind of way. Yet the Vertere Acoustics MG-1 and SG-1 combo was not boring or stodgy by any stretch. And that Vertere flow was mesmerizing, like the aftertaste of a fine wine or cigar that starts subtle and finishes large and complex.

Iā€™ve said a bit about the SG-1 tonearm, but there are plenty of wonders packed into the MG-1 table. Any serious turntable lover knows it all starts with the bearing. To whit:ā€

Not sure I will go for the Vertere finally, some reasons:
This turntable needs careful set up. My dealer doesnā€™t sell it but can have it. I am not sure he will know how perfectly install and set up it.

The arm is a Unipivot. I didnā€™t knew that before. I am not very in love with Unipivot .
I will not be able to listen before buying. A risky purchase.
For the same amount of money, even less, I can have the P10 with Lyra Etna ( 5,6 k euros).
My dealer sells Rega since many years and knows perfectly the cartridge set up for the Rega arm. I will be more confident to have a perfectly set up tt .
I like very much the Rega sound too, and the more exiting sound vs the Vertere appeals me a bit more.
But the Vertere looks better.

1 Like

Looks: I agree, the vertere looks absolutely stunning! The colour options are great as well.

1 Like

The deal is done.
I now own a SME

25 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

What have you bought?

Well done Dunc :+1::+1:

1 Like

Trust me a last time. Try to find a black granite slab, 3/4 cm , veneered finished. You will be very surprised.
I had a big and heavy butcher block before on my past SME. The change was instantaneous for my ears when I changed for the granite. And it costs quite nothing. And looks marvellous.

Can see some on eBay

2 Likes