Here we go its vinyl time

Probably, I wonder if any one took them up on the offer though

He has decided to go for the 30/12 as it was the only way he wanted to go and an even more expensive cartridge ( over £8k )
Fair play to him.

Yep got the lot, cartridge and even the nice surprise transparent cable thrown in

Not up to the SME, but having fun rediscovering mine and my sister’s 7" collection (late 80’s and early 90’s) :grin:

5 Likes

Well all I can say is good on you, I’m jealous as buggery but hey you probably work hard for your money so why not just hope it’s not caused to much trouble between you and the wife as you said the last thing you got you said that was the last :joy::joy:

Im sure I’ve read that’s Linn and the Ekos SE arm when visitors go on the factory tours and they’re challenged to bend the arm. I think it’s made from titanium. Could be wrong though, usually am. :grinning:

1 Like

The SME V is made with titanium. I don’t know how someone could broke it in two parts with his hands to steal the cartridge. Very strong man certainly.

…or a man with a bolt-cutter.

SME V arm is made with die cast magnesium alloy.

Ah ok, i wrongly wrote it from memory. Just checked, it was a wrong information in Absolute Sound apparently…
The only titanium arm I found is by Techdas. It looks a bit like the Graham one.

I have a 20mm slab of granite beneath my turntable supported by Townsend Pods -superb, beats my ND555 easily.

1 Like

Yes might try some pods under my slab of oak, as they worked very well under my speaker’s

No dealer for origin live unfortunately here. Would be on my list too.

Pity, Mark Baker is a true enthusiast with many accessory products.

1 Like

I think the Groovemaster II from Audio Creative in the Netherlands has a titanium arm tube.

Not so solid apparently, someone has already bended it .

5 Likes

Well I am not about to try and bend mine

Have you installed the new phono cable and the washer for the clamp?
I am curious if the sound improved.

:rofl:

1 Like

I have swapped the cables over, but not had much chance to listen since, also dont have the disc right now, but its on its way.
Might be ok to listen this weekend, but having my jab tomorrow lunch time, after work, so will see how it effects me

2 Likes

Just had my jab 30 mins ago I’m dreading the side effects

2 Likes