Here we go its vinyl time

Good on ya get buying and have fun

1 Like

Hi Dunc, The VDH 501 is fine. I preferred a Mogami based cable with WBT connectors, but I have a Superline and that thing is fussy (or possibly faultyā€¦who knows!). The one upgrade I would recommend is a custom alignment protractor. The difference between OK and smack on is quite significant. While I canā€™t recommend the Dr Feikert and similar for SME (while super for many tonearms, locating the centre of the arm bearing is not easy on the SME), but a custom, mirrored surfaces protractor made especially for your tonearm and cartridge made a significant improvement. Costs about Ā£100.

1 Like

Well i adjusted the resistance on the aura and its much better on the transparent cable, its obviously a bit different to the SME one

Well done, I have not thought about that. :+1:

The difference is quite a bit between each load setting, much more than my apheta3 or aphelion2 was, i would say the difference is like, old turntable the 50 to 400 is less than the 50 to 100 is now. You can certainly control the tone now with the loading.
So pleased i tried them, as never touched then with the rega set up, as was going to sell the cable

1 Like

For me itā€™s vinyl time too. Dunc gave me the desire to upgrade from my actual deck, more than upgrade the digital for now at least.
If the funds are there as it I think, it will be Rega P10 with Lyra Kleos or Vertere Mg1 with the same cart.
Dilemma, thinkingā€¦not decided yet. A bit fear for the Vertere, but more temptation to it too.

3 Likes

Rega Naiad?? Seems like a great upgrade from the rp10. Wonder what it would sound like as it is the rega equivalent of the s1 because of how high the price is and so detatched from the normal series.

Are you going for the rega because off ease off use sort off plug and play
Can you not beat that p10 price wise with something else, donā€™t get me wrong Iā€™ve got a rega but if I was looking at the price off a p10 Iā€™d be looking at a avid, vip or something else secondhand witch Iā€™m sure would knock the socks off the p10 performance wise for the price

Lots of comments about the relative merits (or otherwise) of the P10.
However, on the basis of its release date in 2019 and lockdowns in early 2020, there cannot be a huge number of people who are able to make an informed judgement, based on a long enough review at home, of how good it sounds in either absolute or relative terms.
On the other hand, what you buy at such prices should be excellent, perhaps a dealer can arrange a long audition at home. Mine didā€¦but it took a very short time for me to decide.

I know the P10 sounds better vs the Rp10 I have. My dealer and so many users observed it.
The problem is that I canā€™t listen to Vertere, only trust reviews and members who have it here.
So itā€™s not an easy choice.

There are many second hand, but itā€™s difficult to know in which exact condition they are.
And I would have to buy on the auction site. In France, most second hand decks are Rega or Linn.
I had the SME 20/2a before and itā€™s not better on all areas vs the Rp10.
Buying a new deck is also more enjoyable to my eyes.

PS: was intended to Archie.

1 Like

Totally agree especially in the days we are living in with places shut
But Iā€™m sure pound for sound there is something else out there its Ā£6000 your looking at , what Iā€™m not sure off
Can it not wait till covid has moved on and places start to reopen for demos
All I know if I was to spend that much on a turntable I would be demoing more than a rega p10 itā€™s a serious amount to spend and not be happy

There are no real places for decks in that price level in Paris. Mainly Rega or Linn or Clearaudio. Or directly Techdas , at completely different price.
My dealer has also VPI and Dr Feikert. All the decks I mentioned are not to my tastes of sound, apart Rega.
Vertere is demoed in the south of France.

Well I respect if you like the sound and look off the rega then go for it, itā€™s only you can decide everyone has difrent tastes, style and most off all sound as in hearing

1 Like

If it wasnā€™t for lock-downs, Iā€™d go there straight away, if only because of the climate, scenery & wine!

Best regards, BF

1 Like

Butā€¦one thing you do know is that either choice will give you years of musical pleasure. Sometimes, ā€˜life is too shortā€™ (do you have that expression en France) to spend too much time auditioningā€¦when you could be enjoying the music!

Itā€™s in Toulouse. Donā€™t like that town. And the dealer has not Naim. Neither Ear Yoshino and neither a P10 to compare.
But South of France, in general, I am waiting to go there , probably in May. :+1:

1 Like

Bet you could find a really good spec (Karouselled) LP12 for Ā£6k FR. :wink:

I hate to agree and yep if I had 6 grand burning a hole in my pocket Iā€™d be on fleebay looking and drooling

I know that the Rega P10 will give me pleasure for years. Itā€™s a much more confident choice.
But the Vertere received so much praises and looks much better.