Hesitancy and anxiety

Just this last month of august has given me a few panic attacks. I’m a chef and the eat out to help out scheme has had me working everyday. Come Monday to Wednesday things have been very difficult with orders flying in and people wanting food flying out.
Working under pressure normally means for me being methodical, going through things properly but quickly. Being under double pressure things can go wrong very easily - so more pressure on top to stay on top of it. Made more difficult being tired both mentally and physically.
Still, I’m not complaining. I’m still youngish enough to cope.
Today is my first proper time off for a couple of days and still feeling pumped up. It’s a nice day so I think a nice long walk or a ride on my bicycle will help me to unwind. :grin:

3 Likes

That all sounds quite horrible.
As I have followed this thread from my early response and learnt and sympathised I feel that I am so very fortunate to be able to find a route through life’s problems and find the sunshine.
Stay tuff.
N

Trousers is one half of the battle - remebering to do the fly up is the other :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you - I had never considered that only frustration of buying the same item in multiple formats over the years.

1 Like

Last home demo of an NDX2 left me unimpressed vs using the Nova unintendidly as a source - odd as 18 months ago the NDX2 seemed streets ahead.

I’ve spent a similar amount instead upgrading my neglected LP12.

1 Like

Not sure if this is of any help, but I realised long ago that the pandemic, or perhaps measures introduced to control it have had effects on most of us whether or not we are prepared to admit to it:

1 Like

This! Brilliant!

1 Like

Just in support of what HH is saying, I used the silver line service he is talking about and it really helped me. I was suffering from a reaction to a rather strong pain killer after surgery, suppose you could call it a bad trip *. Not very pleasant, but the CBT helped.

1 Like

We have touched on the obvious causes for hesitancy and anxiety and I wasn’t going to mention it but you have hit the bullseye with another one. I am reluctant to discuss my personal experiences but the management of pain either post op or age related conditions invite methods of relief that are frightening.

You mean like Ronnie O’Sullivan at the Crucible

There were no flies on him that evening…

1 Like

Even changing your strong Pain killing medication can cause very serious problems as I discovered when a near neighbour had his medication changed ,

In the end I managed to persuade the rozzers that …

Please, please anybody reading this just appreciate that the Pendemic and Lockdown have affected us all in subtle and not so subtle ways.

3 Likes

I don’t recall, neither do I like to think about his balls and cue.

1 Like

Oh yes, he came out to the match with Mark Shelby and there was a significant piece of white …

I was actually discussing this very point with my wife last night. I think it depends on how much reserve and resilience you before you reach a limit. With a good reserve, a large evert is manageable. I find at the moment, there are a lot of things that build up, and then it’s a small item that takes you last your limit.

4 Likes

An understanding and supportive partner in life makes the world of difference. I count myself to be extremely fortunate in that area. I can talk to her about absolutely anything and know that I won’t be judged. She has supported me through some of the most trying times in my life and I really don’t know how I could possibly have got through without her. I can only hope she feels the same level of support from me.

4 Likes

As someone who is happily single (and retired) I don’t have a partner to discuss these things with.

However what I am aware of is that I am unnaturally tense, and try to take that into account before I say or do anything. We have to be self-aware of the toll this , rather unnatural lifestyle is taking on us and others.

As I said about a certain politician recently if he is pretending things are ok, then he really hasn’t understood the situation.

Best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

Do you have those “men sheds” where you live? They offer some good company and distraction with manly things (probably not hi-fi, but you never know).

2 Likes

No, but I do live in the country , have a nice garden

Sadly can’t enjoy the HiFi as both my ears need de-waxing.

2 Likes

Often the worrying thing about our anxieties is that it can manifest itself into an uncharacteristic outburst. Although I have a long fuse I remember having a mini rant at a shop worker before storming out. After about 5 minutes I returned and apologised directly. It’s important we are not afraid to apologise although it’s better not to allow ourselves to get in that situation to begin with.

5 Likes