High End Munich 2023

I am not really sure - I find it really confusing. And the styling is ye olde worlde which I never like

Just my opinion :joy:

1 Like

And I thought Naim was becoming a little garish with a white ring. :grin:

It looks from the pics that the fashion/ fad show aspect has finally taken over the technical aspect of hifi shows.

Life is a big show, if you like a big show visit the Munich high end show , if you like to listen seriously to affordable hifi go to a good dealer………and don’t forget, the customer, so that is you and me, pays for this (useless?) spectacle…….

OK, so far then;

a) what would make you part with your own money and

b) someone else’s?

Really enjoying this thread.

Thank you @BertBird

DG…

1 Like

As usual, excellent coverage Bert. I particularly like the trouble you went to to document the albums/songs sampled in each room. Superb photos too.

2 Likes

Thanks you so much - an eye opener.

Your regular updates for this show are much appreciated

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

Bert does a wonderful succinct portrayal of this event.

3 Likes

@BertBird thank you very much for the effort.

1 Like

It’s more a fun design for the show, very bling bling. And even if it will be on market, for sure it’s not designed for a polished decor as yours. More for young or old childs.

Trank you @BertBird for jour coverage of the Show. I am really enjoying this thread.
MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

@BertBird Up to the usual standard - wish I could have been there - thank you for great reports

2 Likes

In the case of wine, vintage just means a (good) year - not old at all until it has aged…

In terms of furniture design the term a bit vague but implies old, or old styling. To me anything looking like things were when I was a kid, or styling from before that, just look old fashioned and (as a generalisation) I don’t want them - however if I had a large wood panelled room in a pre 20th century house, then something like Tannoy’s Westminster Royals would look exactly right (and probably sound right, too, if the room were big enough). However the Fyne vintage speakers don’t appear have that exquisite cabinetry detail and so seem false to my eye…

Made in China?

I have heard a smaller pair at AXPONA this year. Someone told me there are Apogees so I was excited to hear the pair for the first time. Turned out they were the Clarysis. I thought they sounded good and easy on eyes ( would have loved to hear more familiar music) . They are made in Vietnam. ( explain their reasonable price )

2 Likes

Thanks for this excellent show report @BertBird ! I’m enjoying your commentary, and the focus you have on what you are missing in any given room. Your connection to the emotion or feel or energy is a very nice way to summarize things in and out of balance. I’m also liking the emphasis on tracks, some familiar and most new to me… so I feel in good contact when I play along via Tidal. Best wishes, I appreciate your work on our behalf!

1 Like

:rofl:

Neederlands

1 Like

Thanks Brett for the detailed and to-the-point coverage.
You are our “ambassador” in the field :wink:
Which room do you enjoy the most?

Grammar :slight_smile:

‘k ben een beetje een Drammer :slight_smile:

1 Like