How do I connect Bravia/SN3?

Yep, saw the sample rate on Digital 1 - 48KHz but no sound. It looks as if a signal is getting the NDX2 but for some reason isn’t getting to the speakers. SN3 is set to Streamer so a bit stumped.

As I suggested, do you have another device with optical out?

So when you listen to Tidal via the NDX2 what input do you have selected on the SN3 ? Is this the same input (check on the SN3 front panel) as when you try to listen to the TV via the NDX2 ?

Yep, Streamer for Tidal on the SN3. As the tv signal is fed into the NDX2 I’ve just kept the SN3 on Streamer.

1 Like

DVD Blu-Ray player attached to the tv (via HDMI).

If it has optical, try that to determine at which end the fault lays.

Sound from dvd player = issue with your TV
No sound from dvd player = issue at streamer/ amp end.

Or…to be less diagnostic…your optical lead if fcukd.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be the tv end as the optical out carries the audio to my AV processor which works just fine unless it’s simply a compatibility issue with the NDX2. I’ll try the DVD player this afternoon.

New cable arrived so all hooked up. TV is set to audio speakers and PCM. TOSLink into Digital 2 (enabled) and showing 48kHz on the display but still no sound. I’ve switched the Volume mode in the app between Hybrid, Fixed and Variable but still nothing.

I also hooked up a DVD Player but still nothing. TV is now Digital 1 and DVD is Digital 2, both show 48kHz. No idea where to go next, frankly.

Possibly left field, but is your streamer still working as a streamer… Still getting sound?

Streamer’s all good, hardwired and currently listening to Radio Paradise! I’m going to try and update the tv software, see if that makes a difference. Also tried my dealer but he’s not answering just now, busy I suspect.

1 Like

I suppose one more thing to try as you can’t get it to work with either the TV or DVD player, is to power down the NDX2 and then pull the mains plug. Leave it for a few mins then power up again. It’s just to check it’s not got itself into a strange mode with the digital inputs.

2 Likes

Yup, I would do a hard re-boot - power-off, plug out, plug in, power on with the NDX2. Then try again.

1 Like

Looking at this thread I would also suggest a power down and hard re-boot, been looking at the same set up on my Samsung to ND555 and if I switch to TV the digital input shows 48khz with the TV switched on but nothing with the TV off this would indicate that the TV is sending an output to the NDX2.

It is quite possible that a reboot could sort the problem as I have had similar with mt ND555.

1 Like

Right, nailed it. I updated the tv software which interestingly gave me a new option called ‘Digital audio out volume’ which I didn’t have before so I turned that up to max. I also did a hard reboot of the NDX2 as suggested and now it works. I also reattached the DVD player to the NDX2 and sound came through that as well (bit odd, could hear the opening sequence of 20th Century but then the sound started ‘chattering’ but no bother) so I reckon it was the hard reboot that did the trick.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and patience. Special thank you must go to opus who somehow came to the conclusion that I hadn’t removed the little rubbery caps off the cable. Top tip mate, don’t become a private detective.

:grin:

3 Likes

Good to read you’ve sorted it.
Re the ‘Digital audio out volume’, even with it set to Min you still get some volume, but you need to crank up the amp volume a lot more than normal.
I have mine set to Max & it gives about the same as UPnP & iRadio, ever so slightly more than with my NAT05 tuner.

1 Like

Maybe it switched from stereo to surround between clips?

Glad you got it sorted out in the end.

1 Like

You hadn’t taken to caps off the plugs?
But you clould see a red light?

Of course I took them off, it was the, ‘You do realize there are little rubbery caps on the ends of the toslink that need to be removed,’ that amused me as the comment was absolutely certain I had left them on there and the chap was stood next me waving them under my nose.

2 Likes

Merci a dieu!

I’ve re read your reply, I see now.

1 Like