How do you use your original NDX?

It’s the streamer and the app to the extent Tidal is integrated in the app. But yes, it’s the streamer and you can’t use Bubblesoft with the Naim app.

Neither did I, despite having a slow internet connection, but many people did, and Bubble was an effective solution for them.

1 Like

I use Bubbleupnp server on a Synology NAS to allow Qobuz to work with an original ND5XS (same as an NDX or NDS from a streaming perspective). Since the latest upgrade of Bubbleupnp server this has been rock solid (including Hi-Res streams) using Linn Kazoo as a control point. FWIW I dont bother transcoding to WAV as I am using an NDAC rather than the ND5XS dac.

1 Like

Evening, my ndx has had a few resets and i had taken it to my favourite hifi shop and connected to their internet, their tidal, and even their nas. But still having the thing stop on me with the dreaded input initializing on screen. So frustrating as i wanted to trade it in for the NDX2, but dont feel i can whilst it is not working properly.

on your wifi router make sure if you have 2.4g and 5g(might not be typing that right!lol) to only have one switched on. i had both on my router, have been battling with the naim app on my nds for ages. i did this and its pretty solid now

Can you try a wired connection? May remove one element.

May be worth looking at this this thread as well

Hi ,all ways been wired on Internet connection,

Thanks for the link, blimey probs galore ,looks like ndx’s only use is as elaborate door stop ,shame as mine is still under manufacturers warranty for a few more weeks, :rofl:

Another very happy BubbleUPnP user here.

Server installed on a Mac Mini. Their control point on my Android phone. Works very well with my Unitiqute 1 with upgraded streaming board.

As you’re both using a wired connection and have repeated the issue in a different setup, I wonder if your NDX is actually faulty? Might be worth checking with your dealer.

If it’s still under warranty I wouldn’t be trying to find a fix myself, especially as the problem is replicating at your dealers. Give it back and have it fixed or exchange it for something that does work.

If you can’t sort it, there’s the possibility to add a streamer like Primare or Ifi stream connected by Spdif to the Ndx ( used as a dac in that case). Some say it improves also the sound of the Ndx.
The Primare prisma is not very expensive ( around 600 euros). And you will have Qobuz and Tidal with no drops.

1 Like

Ndx has been returned to naim on 3 occasions from late 2022 onwards but always came back with no fault found, they did say on 2 occasions that they had done something to sort fault, but never been offered any recompense for this though.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Have looked at the seprate streaming transport through the dac in ndx ,I quite like the auralic series , but thought the streamer would outclass the dac as its 10 plus years old ,

Its what I use into my NDX - sounds really good.

1 Like

That wasn’t my experience but the interaction of streamer and broadband seems to cause issues.

When you have issues with Tidal have you tried connecting to it independently? You can download the Tidal app on your phone. Also may be worth changing your password to force a reconnection

Do u mean connect upnp from tiadal app on phone ,

No. Actually playing Tidal through your phone. Just to check it works independently of the Naim bits. I use the Tidal app in the car for example

Oh i see ,yes had done that a little on headphones at times and no issues,

1 Like

My NDX is my primary source. Paired with XPSdr and fed exclusively via a NAS and internet radio.

Internet radio is the only reliable part of my ndx, nas , tidal , or mconnect all faulter frequently ,