HumminGuru ultrasonic RCM FTW! (The one from Kickstarter)

Have fun!

2 Likes

What HumminGuru staff says? Why not send it back and ask for replacement ?

2 Likes

This may have come up before, but roughly, how much do we in the UK have to pay (…have folks paid…) for customs/import tariff?

But IIRC this was for the Kickstarter price, so shipping + customs may be a bit higher than that for retail pricing

I had to pay £40 import duty.

1 Like

So looking at the exchange rate, for the kit with the 7”& 10” accessories, postage, customs, we’re in the region around £420-430 total?

There’s nil stock with UK plugs at the moment (only Aussie), but it looks like the PSU has an IEC mains or figure-of-eight connector (and I have a drawer full of both!). Can someone confirm?

AFAICT they were all out of stock, which always seems to be the case when I check.

But on closer inspection it seems the bundle that’s out of stock. Yet the cleaner and the bundled accessories are all available separately…

I see what you mean, although I am temped to go for the Aussie bundle (1 in stock) and remake the mains plug.

Do I have to buy some accessories or the global price contains all that we need ?

I see 3 units in stock, type 3 for UK.

I think the following accessories are available. I got the adapters and the filter and wheel set as part of the Kickstarter for free, but I believe they are now extra, or you can buy a bundle if I’m understanding the recent posts correctly. Not sure if the replacement tank is in the bundle.

• 7 inch and 10 inch adapter. Order them if you need them.
  • Set of water and air replacement filters, and replacement wheels. I haven’t had to use them yet but haven’t cleaned that much. The filters are washable anyway. During the Kickstarter it was asked how long the wheels last; they didn’t really know and answered “many albums” or something like that. But the set costs only 16 euros or something, so I’d recommend throwing it in.
  • Replacement water tank. Costs about 35 euros IIRC and there’s nothing about the tank that is likely to break. On the other hand, can be handy if you want to play with a special liquid for cleaning and pure water for rinsing

I’ve been looking at the bundle, which would save me twenty quid!

(Being a poor uk pensioner, since that B***** word that we can’t mention………ROF :laughing: )

1 Like

But not of the bundle, only the cleaner (and accessories) by itself. (plus I don’t need a UK type, I would need EU)

1 Like

It’s only the adaptors that are extra with the bundle. There’s no additional water tank included with either, and the filters and replacement wheel come with both as standard.

Normally around 32.5 each, both for 50 as part of the bundle.

1 Like

So it’s not absolutely necessary to buy the accessories. I can buy only the machine and I will have all I need. ( except distilled water of course) ?

What is the bundle for? Have I to buy it too with the machine ?

If you have 7” singles, or 10” LPs you would need the adaptors. I actually do have both ( including some original Beatles singles).

Yes, I really am that old!!!

The bundle includes the machine, plus both the 7" and 10" adapters. A bit cheaper than buying just a machine and those separately.

1 Like

Not absolutely needed (unless you have 7 and 10 inch records), no, but if you buy them later you will pay the extra shipping

1 Like

Good to know, thanks. I have no 7 or 10 inch lps.