I did a thing ... 500DR to come

The Vodka is like a Ford Mustang. Muscular, impressive, but shouty and lacking finesse.
The Diamond is more a Jaguar.

1 Like

Ok… no, not quite … vodka is mustang, that is fine. Diamond (in my system) is more like a modern sports car fully equipped with assistance systems. Perfectly driving.
Sigma is a manual shifted sportscar with same power but less assistance
And omega … oh dear I am browsing the net

2 Likes

Cables can be like tone controls, but they can’t add what’s not there to begin with.

I can certainly see how they can take away some sharpness if your system has that, or inject even.
But as said getting that balance right is what matters.

The best way is to have a system that’s right in the first place and then just have natural sounding cables

1 Like

My D2 Powerswitch added a drum solo in the middle of Born to run. I was utterly surprised I must say.

2 Likes

Now I have omega in my head.
So much positive on it in the net. And it is 2k against 3k „only“…
I am so tempted…

How about Chord Music?

1 Like

Not long enough - and even more expensive…
Like what sigma does - when this goes straight up…?

Be careful, because next you will have maybe the Shunyata Omega power cord on the head, then Shunyata power block. :joy:

Correct … and this will cost!

Just found out that omega was released before sigma v2!
New on sigma v2 was the double TAP module for noise reduction.
If so, the gap should not be as big as the guys in the internet found out comparing to sigma v1

2 Likes

Guess what…?

First impressions?
Back to sigma!

Omega is:

• better in noise reduction
  • deeper soundstage
  • a bit darker in presentation
  • more energy and drive and some edges (good ones)
  • a bit more held back presentation

Sigma:

• more upfront
  • voices are better (more emotional)
  • a bit brighter (soundwise like naim a bit focused in upper mids)
  • less energetic and therefore more relaxed or smooth
  • less deep soundstage
  • equal in resolution (that was surprising) - maybe this will come with burn in but with omega is is more rendered and cymbals are more real … yes, they are. But there is nothing missing with sigma.

I would have wowed for omega, but voices flipped the coin. And energy with omega was too much … a bit like vodka has too much energy (but omega is doing all the details as well)
But - omega is definitely doing the representation of instruments better (with more colour) and is less dry. This is where personal taste kicks in.

More fiddling necessary - maybe. My system and my ears!

2 Likes

That took a very long time! :smile:

2 Likes

I know the Distributor since the 90s… :blush:

Good for him :smile::money_with_wings:

1 Like

Says the guy with danish hardware in review.
I will really stop when all is well

I could put ee8 back in (he is brighter) but… no, that’s your game :joy:

2 Likes

I’m glad you’ve had the chance to listen to it. I was very tempted by the reviews but as you said, the Omega was before the Sigma V2, so I’d imagine it’s closer in performance now. The reviews I’ve read about Omega could be describing Sigma. They all mention the neutrality, holographic imaging, tonal accuracy etc. exactly what I’m getting with Sigma. It might require some burn-in, so I look forward to your report later in the week. Nice one!

1 Like

Breaks down a lot?

1 Like

No problem- I owe you!
Both are for demo - will keep one!

I read all about omega - sure we read the same posts. And yes, I also thought they are talking about sigma.
But - there was no version 2 of sigma, this is listed everywhere but wrong. Sigma came as it is from the beginning. Omega is sigma with the TAD (hybrid noise reduction).

We have very similar systems - I would say, sigma is the better match.

Omega is better than sigma. Bass is much better - that is really nice. Also colour of instruments.
But voices do matter for me. And I like the more forward sound
I would also think that omega is fantastic with jazz, but rock/pop and electro sigma can do really good.

Ps: I have decided if I put omega back in. There will be a burn in, but it will not get so much better. Sigma is also still burning in.

1 Like

I think this personal taste of the lightly bright sound is coming from SBL days and this was so detailed and nice. All is memory related

You would love Ansuz D2 Powerswitch with your naca5.

Oh yes - I would!
If you return it …:rofl:

Ansuz is brighter and in the face - but PN is darker and full. If I now switch the switch I think I need a „darker“ cable … you know the game :joy:

How is your game going on @Blackbird

1 Like