I did a thing ... 500DR to come

I was not talking about Alfa Romeo . You have confounded :joy:

2 Likes

The omega is hell with cable dressing - currently it is out of the system and sigma is playing as it should. Once again, my ears are against the better… crazy stuff.
I am looking if I can plug it into the nd5xs2 for 24/7 and let it :fire:

@Geko
Don’t tell your mate what I meant about omega - he might want sigma back :joy:
Has he his omega already and what did he tell?

He says the Omega is better but his system couldn’t be further from ours if you tried! We are talking six figure numbers and stuff I’ve only ever seen pictures of!

1 Like

Indeed, he uses Vitus MP201 monos= 190 k, MP P201 phono= 60k, Magico M3=135 k……
It’s something like a full Statement system with 130 k speakers and 60 k phono pre.

And I thousand are the rare and crazy species.
How could you all know each other :blush: - rooster, the secret avant- knows :laughing:
I think that in an ultimate system the omega will do the deal.
According to the shunyata fans (fanb…) sigma is already better than everything else in the universe :joy:
It is not! But a good match with naim and worth a listen for everyone here.

I plugged so much the last w weeks, that I (yes it’s me) checked if I damaged the Ethernet port. Looks fine - definitely all contacts are shiny again. But such Ethernet port looks so fragile - which I think he is not, as they are normally plugged without any care, like me aligning the plug to be completely straight in :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Tegartner with sigma is really good - sits much better tight and fixed than the one from AQ cables

1 Like

I shut the system down and went for a resort trip a couple of days. HIFI rehab.

1 Like

Keith Jarrett Trio live recordings will give all of these as their label ECM often includes full sections of rapturous applause, e.g. on the excellent album Inside Out.

1 Like

Can you elaborate? Because I might have PN on the way home to trial against my D2 and EE8 + Farad…

The PN……needs more time, the oven clock is key and needs to stabilise. A quick demo, will fail, unfortunately. A good dealer will loan for a couple of weeks

2 Likes

Back in the Flatearth days ,it was the cable that moved the feets best that won…:drum:

2 Likes

2-4 weeks is quite normal here from good dealers :+1:

1 Like

You are kidding?
3 switches … who says I am the fiddler.

PN is very naimish!
PN brought more body texture and life to the music. Way more musicality. Better colour - e.g. the cymbals were so much better than with ee8. Ee8 plus expensive LPs is nearby but not as together as PN. For PN you need the oephi!
PN needs insane warm up and burn in.

1 Like

@Geko
I brought sigma back in and - even if omega is so much worse - I realized that the stiff cable is a beast to dress in a good way. I initially had done some shaking (oh dear) but not again today - a mini bend and that’s it. It is so stiff - it easily finds its original shape by itself :wink:

Have you done any relaxing effort or … under the rack - plug-in and music. :blush:

1 Like

Nope, except to try a slight kink to make sure there’s not too much force on the connectors in both the ND and switch. It doesn’t look that pretty looping under the rack but works great. It reminds me a bit of Naim’s DC1.

1 Like

Wish I had that sense of being relaxed with my hifi. Cable dressing - I can spend days with it and fiddle and fiddle and…
Always the last 3% I get stuck with. Same with PowerPoint presentations… so bad… so much time :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

@Blackbird
Go for the sigma - price is good. Cable is pure magic! I do not want to take it there as the distributor had done very well and I feel that I have to buy the cable, which I am currently listening to. Also because I know how this cable sounds :joy:

As always there are different views. A2 is the series below my D2.

From this forum.

And the Neet is even better :sweat_smile:

Try for yourself! :joy:

Maybe we often use the word “better” in the wrong way. Most of the time it might just be “different” :blush:

1 Like