I did a thing ... 500DR to come

And different can mean better to our ears and brain in between

But @Blackbird, keep in mind that it is kind of pre-selected with our similar electronics. I think that is the reason geko and I are blown away in a similar way.

I will be interested to read @Dunc feedback on his Neotech when he gets it. Luckily my mate’s not to bothered about how long I have the Sigma for, so I can still play around a bit before I commit but it’s going to have to be good to beat the Sigma!

1 Like

Nah

Ok but if so my Entreq was better than neotech :smile:

2 Likes

Come on, why more testing. From experience I can say - without the magic you and I found with sigma we would miss a lot!
And you get it as used item - I had to buy a new one.
Time for PN no. 3 - I would not be surprised when you suddenly like the PN.

And (with high probability) is my sigma :rofl:

Back on the first off July, then i need to switch it all back on and warm up.
My dCS kit doesn’t take long, about 12 hours, the vitus, again not long.
But the vivaldi clock will take about 2 or 3 days for it warm up and give my the ready to go on the display.
The phoenixnet, not sure how many day’s that will take.

But it doesn’t matter as the cable will need atleast a week if not two to burn in.
Plus i even have a box set off 30 different ferrite rings at home to also try on this cable and others, a very cheap purchase that could be very beneficial, we will see.
Cheers dunc

2 Likes

Burn in is noticeable but I’m my experience the initial impression must be overall positive - if not, even burn in will not help.
After 1 week all should be settled - I am also excited to hear your thoughts of diamond against neotech.
PN need approx 3 days to warm up the oven correctly… strange - but true.

2 Likes

Well it’s all at home waiting for me.
I am also very much looking forward to hearing the differences between them.

1 Like

Hope you have a holiday coming up - good time to get distance from hifi fiddling :blush:

It’s more to do with a run of cable from my Core to the switch. Currently I’m using some cheap BJC but a run of Neotech might be beneficial?

1 Like

Ah… good point. Here it is AQ cinnamon.
Neotech will not be possible for me as it is to stiff and it must lay near the wall.
I still Have catsnake in 3m which could test for zenith to PN.
But currently I like it as it is and cinnamon is not so bad.

Last time I tested between server and switch, the more expensive cables (had one on loan, name? And vodka) were too much - energy overload.

Phoenixnet on its way… Up against my Ansuz D2.

5 Likes

Thought you were off…
You soon have so much combinations to test, that you will go mad :blush:

What is with ee8 plus farad? Out of the game already.

Hi :slightly_smiling_face:
I assume you are from Sweden,.then you should try the Dutch Pura Ammonite Elite-switch.

We tested Pura Ammonite against InnuO’s Phoenix Net switch,.and Pura Ammonite was better in many ways, but not all.
Especially in the lower frequencies Pura Ammonite was really good.
So I ordered a Pura Ammonite Elite,.their best switch.

The Elite uses a total of five linear power supplies,.which makes it unique in the market.
Four in total for the two internal switches and one for the ocxo clock.
The result is an absolute analogue sound I think.

:black_small_square:Features:
• Stacked 1000 & 100 Mbps switch for
lower noise floor
• dedicated synchronized
OCXO clock for both switches
• Ultra-low RMS noise and
Ultra-high PSRR linear power
supply
• 5 x linear power supply (2x 2
for switches, 1x ocxo clock)
• Nichicon and Panasonic
Audio grade low ESR
capacitors
• PPS high-frequency
decoupling capacitors
• Schottky Rectifier Diodes
• Medical grade static
shielded transformers
• Standard with rhodium
plated Furutech IEC inlet
• Ceramic Fuse
• Hand made in the Netherlands

The picture below shows the connection in the upper switch line from the router,.which is 1000 Mbit.
The connection in the lower switch line,.which is 100 Mbit, goes to the streamer.
100Mbit is optimal for the best possible soundquality.

I am currently 80 hours into my burn-in period of this Pura Ammonite Elite switch,.and I am really impressed.
We will later compare this Elite-switch against the Phoenix Net switch, but my feeling is that the Phoenix Net switch can have a tough time.

2 Likes

As said Drago, all the combinations may make mad :joy:
EE8, Anzus, PN, Oelphi, Naca 5, Entreq switch, Entreq lan, EE8 + Farad, Anzus lan =9
If I am correct, it will give C2/9 + C3/9= 84+36= 120.

But not sure of this formula.

1 Like

Burn in is o wooping 1000h on the Neotech. I know a lot of you guys will question this. I do, but that’s what my friend says and I haven’t had it for more than around 400 so can’t really tell.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! :rofl:

2 Likes

Then there is a chance! :+1:

1 Like

Ansus D2 Powerswitch and Entreq Olympus RJ45 + Olympus Ten Tungsten + Peak4 sounds very very good now!

1 Like