I did a thing ... 500DR to come

Not again… :rofl: no I have not. And due to all descriptions here it won’t fit.

Well later came and I have just now - it is better off:
Chromecast: off

More solid deep-bass and confident clarity.

DB.

2 Likes

I played a bit with 2 mm of speaker off the wall. Yes even mm count.
Because the bass was a bit fat. But when temp is colder in the room all will be different… oh dear :rofl:

I know - my old S600 were very sensitive to such tweaks.
My S800 are still sensitive but less-so, possibly because the LF speaker resonanace is a lot lower and does not interact with the room as much - they are far easier to position - I’ve not touched mine for some ten years now.

DB.

1 Like

Try side-to-side small movements in 10cm hops - wider-apart can help.
And toe-in tweaks - I use a small toe-in to focus somewhere ten times behind my listening position.

DB.

3 Likes

I agree. My friend with 552 3 x 500 DBLs is adamant that Chromecast is better ON. I yielded but had to go back to OFF for the reasons you stated

1 Like

The space is very limited. Which is lower bass? Expand distance between them?

Do you also experience the room temp effect?

Yes - just try little changes a cm or so to listen to what it does and decide if it is helping or not.

If my room drops below 20C then it does get a bit worse (slightly less refined) but still musically fine overfall.
It does not change my room response.
Things that do have impact are side-doors into the music room that vent the room acoutic space into the rest of the house and other rooms.
Door all shut is a tighter sound but less LF articulation and ease - doors open are better low-end articulation of detail but losing tightness - and a door slightly open works best.
…does this sound crazy-enough for you? :see_no_evil: :bear:

DB.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
We are alike crazy

1 Like

2 Likes

@Blackbird Thought of you today when I heared one of my favorite albums
Please try:
Lambchop - Ohio - song number 2!
Hear the refrain :rofl:

You heard a difference moving your speakers 2mm? Or do you mean 2cm?

Don’t ask - please :rofl:

I don’t have eyes good enough to see if I move my speakers 2mm😂

1 Like

I can hear changes to my DBL’s even if the spikes on Naim chips are slightly off centre. I’ve also found that DBL’s sound best with between 1 or 2 cm’s of toe-in. There’s a point where they just seem to snap into focus.

2 Likes

Im not sure if i have ears good enough.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more just sitting slightly in a different position, higher or lower, slightly leaning, etc, etc.
As once you move you will not get back in exactly the same position, it’s impossible.

I just get my speakers as good as i feel is right, and then if i feel the need just slightly adjust myself to suit on the sofa.
Some day’s i dont feel the need other day’s i do. It works well.

1 Like

Thanks will follow your advise…

Further:
Played with turning the USB on/off - prefer on

Tried Server Mode on (previous firmware pref) and off - prefer off at present
…BUT - then I can’t see the Servers on the App, so it has to stay on. :joy:

All the love/hate discussions on this Firmware has drawn me to experiment a little more.

DB.

1 Like