I did a thing ... 500DR to come

The Fraim glass is meant to go one way round. And if you don’t get the noise after swapping sides then you need to slowly twist the balls in the cupholders!

1 Like

There is a thread on here abouting setting up Fraim and it’s all on there! Maybe buffing the ball bearings as well to get rid of any contamination :rofl:

are we looking for a damped type noise? or one that rings? i might rebuild the system when my pre arrives

1 Like

You’ve got it mate. It should ring!

we defo do not want any sort of contamination on our balls mate!lol

1 Like

cool, i bet mine are all the wrong way round after the transit bolt saga!

Definitely do full strip down and get your cable dressing and Fraim level and all spot on!!!

As mentioned- even mister mega fiddle does not care. Guess mine are also all wrong way … so what :grinning:

I have never done this by the way. But when I read it I thought this is extreme!

you say that now mate, give it 24 hours to sink in!haha

1 Like

have you tried it? for you with three stacks its a lot to strip down and check

i think with nds and 552 it makes sense with the metal feet

1 Like

No - I know my limitations…
Will need to rebuild all - with my setup it is a 2 to 3 days job… do not want to have an endless job
Rebuilding Fraim will also do some job

1 Like

The 552 and LP12 are being installed on thursday so I will see what he does. He is ex Naim engineer so be interesting to see if he fiddles with everything!

3 days to build your stacks and set up system!

That’s dedication. You can add those extra checks to your list.

If doing so you need new ball bearings (after dental floss approach) - I do not have much spare ones. And like them for safety reasons.
Metal feet … maybe, maybe not

You will love the 552 - both of you… it is so phantastic

2 Likes

that is going to be very interesting, his attention to detail might show @drago up or he will say…dont worry about it!haha

1 Like

You have someone come over for installation - wow … love that as well

2 Likes

I should be okay with ball bearings you have to make sure they don’t touch glass locators :rofl: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Maybe give them a gentle once over. Spit and polish!

1 Like

Always have some spare ball bearings. If you drop one you may not be able to find. This could catapult stress reaction. Spare ball bearings will help you all.

The other one lost will turn up at some point.

It’s a get out of jail card :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: