I did a thing ... 500DR to come

I will give you the low down on it all. I am going down to 2 stacks as well I think. But if installer has better ideas I will listen to him.

Was part of the deal as he is 300 miles away. Right now my health can’t take that kind of travelling! Be nice to chill out and get it all done.

1 Like

I meant the plastic rings fixed with 3m tape at bottom of front balls

Your Super Lumina Din to XLR should be great when you get 500DR. Apparently full loom Super Lumina is way to go!

All this talk with fiddling, polishing balls whatever next… :grin:

3 Likes

It’s making me laugh too much and making all my aches and pains worse. But I still continue doing it! :thinking:

1 Like

I let speaker cable go in correct length for a steal in February… :sob:

Glass locators yes. The balls shouldn’t touch them. Take them off with floss! :wink:

My balls only needed a wipe.

:muscle:

2 Likes

im thinking when i get a 500dr, thats is going to sit in the middle of my two stacks sat on a fraim base and one shelf…looking like the engine of the system. i think this would look very cool

so it would be.

left stack:
gap
nds
gap.

Middle:

500dr
gap

right stack:

500ps
555dr
552dr

1 Like

This I have fiddled - locators not touching Fraim balls :grinning:

2 Likes

The 3m which fixes to the glass locator should be a ring of 3m, not a circle. That way the adhesive doesn’t rouch the ball bearing.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see that! Will look awesome!

yea same!hahahaha i cant wait to hear it mate

1 Like

One observation is will Burndy be long enough from 552 head unit to the 552DRPS.

Same with Burndies NDS to 555PSs.

nds to psus wont be an issue i dont think, 552 i might have to swap some boxes round on the psu stack

they are all almost touching the floor or not far off

Worth checking first. At present my 555PS is on bottom of left stack with shelve gap above. I haven’t got any Burndy’s to jump across 2 Fraim stacks.

thats very interesting, maybe it would be a bit tight?

i did think the only issue would be 552 psu so i thought i might swap that and the 300 psu

According to my local Naim retailer, it’s important to get your balls to squeak. He said it with a straight face too. So now it’s become part of my Fraim cleaning and re-assembly protocol!

1 Like