Iconic album covers. What’s your favourite?

I think this one is definitely worth considering, although maybe not so common these days?

14 Likes

And for those of us in our 50s… This was (IMO) one of the most visually arresting albums, but maybe it’s just me.

10 Likes

And… looking back to the 70s…

Maybe not as iconic as many, but it’s one I don’t think I’ll forget.

9 Likes

Good to know. I always like to know whose side my true friends are. I’ll remember that…

Friends can disagree on some things, god I’m constantly at odds with some of the rednecks I drink with but they’re entitled to their point of view even if they’re wrong, you know we’re all individuals.

I just find that cover a bit of a problem that’s all.

I’ll remember that next time I stick my neck out for you. You seem to have a very short memory.

I’m lucky to have any at my age :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Iconic album covers for me was this one, since it was the first album my Dad bought me. I was seven, and fell in love with this band when I heard “goodbye to Jane”. Seems a bit silly now, but I still have the album. image

8 Likes

I don’t mind the album either, :+1:

1 Like

Yes the lenticular printing effect was quite impressive on the early vinyl. My cd copy doesn’t have it.
Thanks to @GeoffC for explaining lenticular. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes
  1. Iconic year, iconic album cover.

7 Likes

@igahman Lenticular printing is a technology in which lenticular lenses are used to produce printed images with an illusion of depth, or the ability to change or move as the image is viewed from different angles. From Wikipedia (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenticular_printing)

2 Likes

And with the original issue green vinyl…

6 Likes

Damn. Mine’s black vinyl. Very dirty black vinyl that needs cleaning if I’m ever planning on putting it near a stylus again.

I’ve just had a look at discogs and this green vinyl was a limited edition issued 3 weeks after the initial release. It was 40 years ago but I don’t remember intentionally buying the Lim. Ed.

1 Like

Iconic to many jazz fans, I love both the music and the cover

Claude

5 Likes

Primal Scream - Loaded

One look at that and it’s 1991 all over again.

11 Likes

G

Spinal Tap?

2 Likes

…all the way up to…11

G

1 Like