Iconic album covers. What’s your favourite?

You realise that there may be one or two who will spend the rest of the day wondering what that cover has to do with Liverpool.:joy:

2 Likes

They just need to be Fearless, like LFC this season… :+1:

1 Like

Haven’t they just won a Meddle

On the current Artist always liked that Album and this one

8 Likes

Definitely iconic for me!

It’s the first Floyd album I heard - a more enlightened class mate brought it in to our music class at school - something we were encouraged to do from time to time. Our music teacher didn’t like it much, but at least he didn’t think it was quite as bad as ELP’s version of ‘Pictures at an Exhibition’ that another of my classmates brought in.

4 Likes

I see someone has added a Spanish bull! No wonder she’s looking a bit apprehensive…! :flushed:

1 Like

I went and checked my cover to see it cause I couldn’t remember it.

3 Likes

Yes i uploaded the wrong cover someone had doctored this

1 Like

2 Likes

As female artists seem to be under represented…

8 Likes

nice selection, the Debbie Harry cover leads us to this of course :+1:

ELP - Brain Salad Surgery.

5 Likes

Seeing all of these wonderful album covers had me reaching into my bookcase to re-read this wonderful book; Vinyl. Album. Cover. Art - The Complete Hipgnosis Catalogue.

10 Likes

Another Hipgnosis design, photographed by Peter Christopherson…

7 Likes

Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 14.08.01

ELP _ Tarkus

7 Likes

Continuing a Theme

5 Likes

Marvin Gaye - What’s Going On

marvin

It’s not just the image (the rain, the coat, haunted face, heartbroken at the horror that’s befallen his country), it was also the parchment-like texture of the cover. Above all, it was a perfect representation of the amazing music.

8 Likes

Here’s some more for consideration:

8 Likes

My first LP, still love it and sounding good.

2 Likes

Always liked these two…

Brand X ‘Unorthodox Behaviour’…front and back of sleeve.

image image

Brand X ‘Moroccan Roll’

3 Likes

Locally this is as iconic as it gets. Additional nice touch is the Love Records logo on the top right corner.

2 Likes

I remember having hitch hiked from Norfolk back to Goldsmiths with half a dozen LPs under my arm and as I boarded the bus unbeknown to myself this fell to the ground. As I took my seat on the bus a very old lady approached me and said excuse me young man but you have dropped your magazine. I coloured up quite quickly. Still have the original LP and as a CD.

4 Likes