Ignore Function

In that case of the “Ignore Function”, my thinkings go in the same line…

1 Like

Thanks Eoink, that’s exactly the page I get, except it only allows me to suppress notifications from users and not the posts. So their not ignored. Very strange. The word ‘ignored’ is not an option for me.

I have done the same but the users muted can still respond to me. So not very useful.

1 Like

It’s likely some combination of badges received and/or account status that gives you the “privilege” of the “Ignore” option. Just my guess.

1 Like

Well, i’ve just added the first person to my Ignore list, at least until 08:00 tomorrow morning.

Hopefully everything will be reversed by 08:01 but let’s see.

The Ignore function works. For me at least.

The “ignored” person’s posts have gone, and the post count for the thread has reduced accordingly.

There is no indication of the ignored person having posted, in the sense that all their posts have completely disappeared. I had thought each post might still be in place but with a light grey notice that the post was being “ignored”. Not so. Gone !

There is however, a notification post stating that a reply has been made by the “ignored” person if the ignored person has replied to or received a reply from some other forum member.

Anyway, I’ve only done this to figure out how the option works. So hopefully things will revert to normal tomorrow morning.

Don

I can still see my post in this thread. So, good news, it’s not me you’ve muted. :grin:

A week ago I ignored a regular poster who irritates me and I get a greyed out line in a thread that says there is an ignored messsge there. If I click on it, the message is revealed and it stays there until I refresh the page, when it’s back to being a greyed out line again.

It sounds as if this feature is working inconsistently.

Best

David

That’ll screw the statistics of those celebrating post milestones, counting contributors or likes, or running polls - Different people may see different results!,

Can you see who has ignored you so that you can ignore them?

1 Like

Did someone just say something ?

4 Likes

What, say what ?

1 Like

If you haven’t ignored me and can read this. I recommend the button “ignore all” a private forum, with no-one else posting. Wonderful! The forum all to yourself!

4 Likes

in other words …
ignorance is bliss …

I’ll get my coat !

2 Likes

In the unlikely event that you see this post I’d like to remind you that the second syllable of your name rules this option out. There would be no one to stand by.

1 Like

No you can’t, I have no idea I’m ignoring myself.

4 Likes

I see a message that says ‘view hidden reply’ so there is a temptation to see what twaddle the ignored person has written. It would be much better if the post just vanished as if it never existed.

2 Likes

I’ve just checked my trial amd that is exactly the same as I see. My assumptions from my trial, which I posted above, are somewhat wrong. Because I have only “Ignored” one person, I clearly do know when and where that person has posted in a thread. If I “ignored” more than one person I might not be certain who was posting the “Ignored” posts - it could be one of several, unless I “peeped”

Each affected thread seems to show the number of posts as excluding those by the “ignored” member.

…you can go to a ‘Unread Topic View’ and on the right had side they will display the last five user ICON’s and you could ID the blocked user if it was a recent post.

If you block someone for a short or long period, (Up to four months then you have to renew if you want to continue), I do not know why you would want to read their post if you blocked them in the first place.

Curiosity killed the cat they say, looking at posts by someone you want to avoid is like banging your head against the wall. You really don’t want to do it but you can’t help yourself.

2 Likes

What’s this thread about I can’t see any posts

2 Likes