Innuos 2.0 - Innsights

I think it’s fair to say that this delivers. I’m not sure what’s most impressive, the lovely interface or the improvement in sq which is a bit of a bonus albeit a large one. What a piece of equipment this thing is

3 Likes

I want to start a parallel of MK2 and Zen users.

How many times a day do you;

1. Check if 2.03 has a date (hourly, daily, weekly)
  2. Clicking update system at my innuos.com (hourly, daily, weekly)

Oh the pain :tired_face:

1 Like

Sat here editing meta data and adding back a couple of missing covers from recent classical purchases. Batch editing would be a win here.

Sorry but currently wholly unable to rip myself away from this. Into the 4th consecutive hour. Mrs. H. forced herself to bed an hour later than normal having sat eulogising the clarity, reverb tails and a bunch of other stuff. 16 year old tried to use his Innuos app to take the living room having heard what we heard. Mightily pleased he can still access all the ripped music from his Muso QB.

Apologies to all still waiting but the app and the musical uplift have absolutely been worth the wait.

Couple of bugs I’m about to report but nothing terrible. App freezes if you update meta data on a collection with more than 2 albums. Also, albums otherwise currently correct in every respect randomly have a track by “Unknown Artist”

1 Like

Ha! Same here, with a few extra hours on the clock.

It’s a winner for sound and vision!

1 Like

I really need to go to bed, but…

1 Like

The radio function is much better, search returns radio stations and artists that are playing on radio stations and it’s very fast. If an artist or song is playing and you like it, click the search button next to it and it finds it in your library or on qubuz, very clever

Can I ask what you guys raving about the SQ of 2.0 were listening to before? Were you using iPeng with your Innuos?

Was thinking the same how many where using the USB output as I found time and time again that over ethernet or Roon experimental mode was superior in particular noise floor and detail.

I used iPeng but rapidly moved to LMS. No noticeable change in sound quality for me. This, however. Nuno mentioned by email earlier that they won’t say anything about the sound quality changes because they’d rather leave it to customers to describe.

USB for me.

Prior to 2.0 I preferred USB out of my Zenith to SPDIF converter into my Nova for best SQ (controlled by iPeng), but for library access and management I much preferred Roon, mostly Experimental. The latter was USB out to Nova via SPDIF converter.

The new Innuos solution equals Roon for library management but exceeds both Roon and iPeng for SQ. Quite easily, too.

2 Likes

Expect a small riot after that last sentence but… I think it’s a reasonable assertion.

1 Like

Ha!
I’ll be interested in what others think as 2.0 has more uptake.

I asked about what 2.0 is being compared to because I am running two identical Zeniths side by side, one with 1.4.9 and ipeng and the other with 2.0 and the Innuos Sense app. It is therefore very easy for me to go between each and compare sound quality. In my own mind and after extensive listening over about three weeks I cannot say that 2.0 is better SQ than 1.4.9 / ipeng but for sure it is a more grown up and satisfying interface. (This is using both Zeniths with a PhoenixUSB and taking the USB direct into both Dave and Mscaler and also taking the signal through a USB to BNC convertor. No matter which, my conclusions are the same.)

I am clear though that 1.4.9 and 2.0 are far ahead of Roon (even Roon in Experimental Mode) for sound quality.

3 Likes

To add another view, and after more extended listen I would concur that 2.0 a definite improvement SQ wise over Roon experimental using USB via pheonix into DAVE.

2 Likes

Slowly compiling a list of bugs and reporting them.

• Saving meta data changes on any album with more than 2 discs leaves the app with a spinning circle. You have to restart.

• the server decided to update the library randomly for no obvious reason having done an initial rebuild on install yesterday. Still doing it now.

• bit of an odd one but pre 2.0.4 I had 8 Go-Betweens albums split into 2 separate artist groups for no obvious reason. Couldn’t solve it. 2.0.4 showed the same split but also explained why. 2 different artists from different eras and continents called The Go-Betweens. No spelling error on my part. The database somehow picked up both artists and chose to distribute the albums of the 1 artist between the 2.

• When you start to type the artist name to fix this 2 groups show up. When you select 1 and save it you would expect that, if you selected the wrong group as I did, you could fix this by wiping Artist Name; typing again and this time picking up the other instance. Nope, the only instance now in the list is the wrong 1 you’ve already selected. So, my 8 Australian albums are currently attached to an American group and there’s no obvious fix.

Made a couple of suggestions too:

• allow bulk edit of some meta data.
  • allow deletion of unused Genres.

I could be mightily irritated by some of the above but the sound…

Let me know when it’s available for the Mini Mkiii would you? :0)
Looks like an interesting product to replace my budget streamer

They have released the dates for the other servers in this week’s update

1 Like

More SQ observations: two months ago I bought a subwoofer and it’s taken weeks of faffing (crossover, positioning, orientation, gain) to get it sounding just right.

Along comes 2.0 and a few days in, though I’m revelling in it’s sonic wonders, I’m now aware I have to re-tweak the sub.

Ah, more tinkering. . . could take a while yet. . .

Next Wednesday for MK2 Zenith and Zenith SE owners!

1 Like

Lazy question from me - do any naimees on the forum have any target dates from Innuos for the implementation of ethernet functionality with innsights & naim boxes?

Peter