Innuos 2.0 - Innsights

Ahh just read Friday’s update. Boo hoo.

No it allows the Innuos to be a UPnP server and renderer. To play to your ndx from the sense app you need the unsupported LMStoUPnP plugin for LMS to be activated , this will make the NDS appear as Squeezelite endpoint you can then send music to.

1 Like

Yeah had a remote session yesterday issue was not solved but clearly the guys know what they are doing to a detailed level, not like the majority of OEMs.

1 Like

When I try to start roon, it suggests I turn off the lms server . Guess that precludes using roon with the nds.

Roon on what the Innuos? You can’t run Roon and LMS at the same time on Innuos. So not sure I am following what your trying to do.

I’m trying to use the innuos as a roon core and play through the nds.
It seems I need to deactivate the bridge which I assume will take the nds out of the equation. I’m a bit out of depth here technically however.

You can’t run Roon and have the UPnP Bridge on the Innuos. The bridge needs LMS , when you run Roon the device does not run LMS at all. You have to run the bridge on a separate device to do this.

Currently without any music. Rebooting post thunderstorm has somehow disconnected the wireless bridge and I’m struggling to see a way back.

Kind of figured that but hoped there was a gap in my understanding. Roon doesn’t matter for me. Sense is superb.

Interesting.

Are you saying that enabling smart gain reduces the noise floor?
Did the previous firmware have the smart gain disabled?

Smart gain is one of three options in LMS to cut the player volume at the USB digital output. There are four options track gain, album gain, none and smart gain. I probably set the option “none” at v1.4.8. I have set this to “none” in v2.0.4, which lifts the volume. That is my personal preference. Into the nac272 DAC I have no problems with the higher volume setting.

Ah, OK. I missinterpreted “noticeably quieter” as meaning less noise, as opposed to less volume.

I have the option in my LMS (used with a SBT) to enable or disable smart gain. It might be worth checking if there is any difference in terms of SQ.

Back in the Day when the SBT was first released, I remember somebody came up with a list of modification to the LMS that would improve SQ.

Presumably the LMS in the Innuos could also be tweaked. Possibly looking at the setting in the new firmware and applying them to the old firmware.

Latest version of the blog is out. 2.0.5 is out on Monday. Oh and now there’s this.

1 Like

Bold move, Innuos really showing how its done, I think the critical element to its success or failure of such an open feedback forum is managing the expectation.

Best to be clear, that may displease some for others at least clarity, unlike the Roon forum and the Naim beta is a private group but anyone can join.

A novel approach engaging with the end user.

Read a few posts last night that running in off line mode improves sq still more. Will try later

1 Like

Nice being open but it will just end in anger and tears all the same. When people start demanding where is this feature it’s been in the queue for months/years. It’s best imo to keep development goals etc out of the public eye. It doesn’t take much for priorities to change and push back what some might see as important but Innuos have other ideas. Given how small their team is if the CEO is doing support calls this is not the best plan nice though it is.

Not sure I get your point really. There are a million ways to be successful else everybody would be at it and, in reality, people who don’t get the features they want when they want either move on elsewhere or get banned, ridiculed or pulled in line.

Interesting approach surely better as even less noise, shame unlike Audiophilleo allowing battery playback for the ultimate isolation of noise.

Just listening to the Beatles Hires will try, but 2.0 has me preferring ripped content which I gave up on long about.

I am also about to try offline listening.

Marginal for me