Innuos 2.0 - Innsights

What’s offline listening turning off internet access?

Odd I assumed offline meant for local ripped only.
Streaming from Qobuz and says it is offline :thinking:

Update - I was streaming a track from Qobuz, part way through selected offline mode, it kept playing so I assume that track was cached, as thereafter it stopped.

Nearly an hour offline mode going through Hires and CD rips sounds bloody great, sadly the 3 DSD/DSF albums I had on the local drive just send everything into meltdown.

1 Like

Got DSD working damn amazing, still in offline mode.

Finally fixed the one thing which has been bugging me i.e. that mh Qobuz trial only worked intermittently over my cheap wireless bridge. A switch of wi-fi channel and all is well. Prolonged listening confirms hi-res is significantly more detailed and smooth in some instances but also marginally less impactful. Family are moving towards the idea that we keep both Tidal (for CD quality, no MQA) and Qobuz.

There’s a touch more clarity but it’s not huge although for the press of a button it’s worth the effort for local files

Nuno Has also posted this yesterday, regarding future UPnP implementation into the 2.0

“Many of you have expressed the wish that streamers could be see as innuOS 2.0 players working as a multi-room system. innuOS uses the playback engine from the Logitech Media Server which does provide multi-room capabilities. Streamers having an option for a Squeezelite player will be able to be seen already as innuOS players. Our next objective is to enable this feature for streamers using the UPnP / DLNA / OpenHome protocol.
Currently there is a LMS plugin that can be activated and provide basic support for this scenario. This is still being tested to check whether it’s a stable option and will still need to be integrated properly into the Innuos Sense UI. But soon we will provide an article to show you how to enable/disable this option so you can try on your systems.”

Obsydian, was it something specific you need to do to get DSD file to play? I have quite a few albums in dff format. Have a ZenMini3 so will finally be able to try 2.0 tomorrow

I’ve had a good few days back with Roon, enjoying the superior library management, then read here about the offline mode and possible SQ improvement.

Now trying it and I’d say it’s another plus to Innuos over Roon in sound terms alone.

I just wish I could keep this excellent SQ via 2.0 AND have art work displayed on my Nova.

1 Like

I have now had 24 hours with Tidal and Qobuz set up and have also been trying out offline mode. A very very slight improvement in offline mode to my ears. No-one else knows the family can hear it so I’m willing to accept that I could be imagining it.

Family decision that we’ll move from the 16 year olds Tidal account to a family account but keep Qobuz also. The Innuos/Chord combination doesn’t do MQA but the volume of material on Tidal of CD quality allied to the hi-res of Qobuz seems to cover the needs of the three of us nicely and splitting the cost between myself and Mrs. H. is a net saving given my monthly spend on downloads has been around £50pcm.

Have also noticed that since switching wi-fi channel the lag between the track playing and what 2.0 says is playing appears to have lessened although not gone completely. App search has also ceased to lag on image loading and, well all is well really.

I’m disinclined to go get that long run of ethernet. I need a good quality wireless bridge I can locate on the other side of the living room from the Zenith so I can lower the noise levels further but after that I’m almost inclined to keep my Naim amplification. The impedance mismatch between amp and speakers has produced much less inconsistency since 2.0 came along.

2.05 tomorrow afternoon then.

Zen Mini Mk3 are go!

2.05 installed, took less than five minutes

Same here, very quick, what exactly changed ?

Very nice my bug report via the Feedback site flagged bug fixed and update.

1 Like

SQ Bass is deeper, tighter, vocals clearer, background instruments clearer.

1 Like

But a warning to PGGB users not to update to 2.0.5 because it removes the ability to play PGGB 705 and 738 kHz files. Wait until a later release where this facility will return as a user selectable option.

That sounds very promising. I’m away from my system until the weekend, so something to look forward to.

Jeepers. Again?

2.0.5 was done in about 3 minutes but I’ve not listened yet.

I’ve listened now. Wow. Wasn’t expecting that.

1 Like

Yep, been playing all my favourite tracks on the Zen mini3 to the SuperUniti this evening and they sound better than ever before. Well done Innuos!!!

1 Like