Innuos Phoenix Net- any user here?

I use the dedicated and labelled port „in“ to access wlan router, the rest of the ports labelled „out“ are connected to the devices. Don‘t use Melco‘s Player port.

1 Like

Opens up now, bass got more layer, seperation of instruments improves as well. Highs are not there yet vs Ansuz. Will wait and listen :slight_smile:
One thing is really strange…now roon sounds better imho than upnp, I didnt‘ change any cables etc. :thinking:

1 Like

What ansuz switch are you using or replacing in the system?
Claus

I have an Ansuz Powerswitch A2 but it blocks my upnp access to NAS,-it works with roon. Trying the Innous now which allows all connections.

There’s a review of the PhoenixNet in Hifi plus magazine. You can find it on google. Jason Kennedy reviewed the Anzus power switch before.
I understood that there were little differences between both for him. However the PhoenixNet was not fully run in. It needs at minimum 2 weeks 24/24 working to open, increase in dynamics, soundstage, and sharpen on transients.

Thanks a lot frenchrooster,
Two weeks is a long time, wow…l‘ll check the review and see if it matches my findings so far😀

1 Like

Yes, it’s long, because of the big Sean Jacobs linear ps inside. Maybe 10 days.

2 Likes

Michaelb would you mind pointing me in the direction of the thread in which you made several observations about optimum set up of the phoenixnet switch? Hope that’s okay - my search skills are poor!

Peter

1 Like

Hi Peter! It was this one: Optimal SQ config for Innuos Zenith / Statement with ND555 and Roon or not

3 Likes

You are a super star Michaelb - thanks very much for digging this out - I’ll have a good read later.

Peter

1 Like

So decision made, the Phoenix has a new home, Ansuz back to the dealer.

6 Likes

Well glad you like it……it should improve further👍

3 Likes

Ok, add-on😀and this is really wired…the Ansuz played more 3D like and had better highs vs Phoenix …, gosh that frustrates me like crazy ( sure you know that feeling …) To tune it up, I replaced my expensive Tellurium Q Ethernet connected to dCS with the standard Ethernet cable that comes with Phoenix….bingooooo! That‘s it, strike! Now the Phoenix plays like hell! No clue why this has such an impact…
So here‘s the point: if you go the Phoenix way start with a standard cable (I’m sure you‘ll stick with it and save a lot of money😎)
Have a great 2022!

Oh dear…….could not remember that they supplied a cable….rummage for boxes tomorrow😄

:+1:

1 Like

I replaced a Melco cat8 cable with the supplied Innuos cat6………sounds better indeed, will leave for a week or so and swap around a bit more.

Interesting. I ignored the cables supplied, in my infinite wisdom. Will dig them out the next time I venture up into loftland….

Me too……though perhaps the Melco cable is not the best, will let it burn in and swap later with AQ Vodka.

so my findings: my expensive Tellurium Q works great with Ansuz and Cisco 2960 but with Innuos it sounds “wrong”. Guess the Innuos doesn’t like “high end” cables:-)

@Gazza , @Michaelb: do you use roon? and if so, please what’s your setup?
Backround: my sonicorbiter i5 with roon doesn’t work with the Phoenix- it seems that it doesn’t receive an IP@. When connecting the sonicorbiter to the Melco port (LAN port) it works!
Thanks!

Sorry not a roon user.

1 Like