Innuos Sense 2.3 now available to download

2 issues.

1st screen shot has allegedly been identified as a specific issue with albums that have long words in there.

2nd screen shot issue has yet to be identified but, as you can hopefully see, the Last Played Tracks widget is producing covers up to 3x the size of everything else.

Weird. Never had those issues when using my phone or tablet.

Still, not the end of the world. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be fixed soon.

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™m quite relaxed about it. Love that they have a clearly defined mechanism within the app for reporting such things and such good communication once you have.

1 Like

2.3.2 hot fix now out.

ā€˜Hot fixā€™ not for me, ticket into Innuos to resolve issue with UPnP settings, I should know better to update something thatā€™s working perfectly well.

I decided a while back to leave it a week or so before updating due to problems like youā€™re experiencing. At least then crew at Innuos are very responsive. Good luck!
Peter

1 Like

Update done with no issues, as usual

Sense app update for iOS now out. Not solved my image issue.

Thanks for the warning. What happened to your UPnP settings?

Not sure have to send info to Innuos, basically UPnP seems to be not working, I can operate Zenith as endpoint/stand alone but doesnā€™t want to play ball with other networked streamers.

So itā€™s not working with the HE at all?

Hi, finally got it working, powered down the HE and then reconnected to network, seems to have done the trick, weird thing last night this didnā€™t work.
Also this morning some reports on FB Innuos group regarding problems updating IOS sense app, I havenā€™t done it yet so will wait.

Thanks. Iā€™ll give it a go, then. The iOS app is working fine hereā€¦

UPDATE: Actually itā€™s working fine on the iPhone but not on the M2 MacBook Air, where I just get the wheel of death. Will try M1 MBA laterā€¦ Itā€™s working fine from Safari, however.

Yet another update! If you restart the Mac, Sense seems to work fine the first time you run it, but you must then keep it open. If you close Sense and then try to run it again you will get the circle of deathā€¦ Iā€™ll just use Safari for now.

1 Like

I have always found my MacBook M1 less stable running Sense than my iPad/iPhone. I have spoken to Innuos re this and logged it as an issue.

My issue and image now up on their forum.

I have not been completely satisfied with how Innuos Sense has worked lately. Today I have the problem that when I play Max Richter - SLEEP: Tranquility Base from my library, the music stops several times and starts again and the same happens when I play from Qubuz. This happens when I select Linn in settings but if I select Naim Uniti there are no problems. But Naim Uniti gives me problems playing Ryuichi Sakamoto - 12, but if I choose Linn there is no problem.

When I use my Mac to play from , it seems like it hangs short in the connection.

There have been a number of interface issues. Frustrating but very much 1st world problems. Interestingly for me Iā€™ve had a few problems similar to your descriptions. When Iā€™ve done remote calls with Innuos the issue has always been Qobuz itself rather than Sense.

Still all ok here on 2.3.2.

1 Like

Version 1.0.7 of the Sense app has been released which fixes the wheel of death for me.

1 Like