Insane new pricing in Australia

So NZ$18K for the NSS 333 bare. NDX is $13K. With PS, another $15K = $33K.

Same numbers again for the NAC352, $33K. I paid $18K for a 3 year old 552 :+1:

So, $66K for the full set of pre/power.

NZ$28K for a pair of NAP350s. Currently, new 300s are discounted to $13,000. :flushed::flushed::flushed:. I paid $7K for mine used.

Maxed out new NC system $94K + speakers…… Can’t see a big market at that pricing.

4 Likes

That’s just crazy money and out of reach for a large part of existing Naim customers never mind trying to encourage new buyers.

1 Like

Don’t build your house - you can afford it :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Something has to give otherwise goodbye to Naim at the upper level in Aus and NZ

Items like the Nova, Atom , MuSo etc will continue to sell I guess

2 Likes

I’ve speculated those figures based on the US prices, but I think ts fairly accurate, no pricing released here or news about getting a NAIT50.

Today you can buy a NDX2/XPS DR new for $20K. Estimated cost of 333/300 is $33K. That’s a big difference.

I still our best option is crime.

Massive difference Mike and does one get a far better SQ ???

Who knows

Oh yes forgot about that - I’ve got a few kiwi mates lined up :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

They’ll probably come with experience. :rofl::rofl::+1:

Certainly do - might try and recruit Mike from over the ditch also

@Pete_the_painter

Having said all this re pricing though

When I purchased the full 500 (cd) 6 box system from memory the cost was circa $100k

It was an absolutely magnificent system - cost less than that with trade ins of course

Should have just kept it

Be interesting to see if a full 300 6 box system gets close to the current 500 system, I guess that’s the test

My eyes are watering just thinking about much the new 500 stuff will be. :flushed:

May never see it to these shores Pete

Even for the 300 series it will be a very very small market as was the classic 500 series

I’m taking a large backpack with me on my factory tour who knows what I’ll fit in there. :grin:

1 Like

Ha ha pick up something for me

I’m thinking about a Nait50 with my ND 555 as a neat forever 3 box solution, although there is always the temptation to add a second 555PS.

Ha ha here go upgrading H2S :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

A few mugs if you’re lucky😂

And a tee shirt?

You’ll be lucky to get let in, if they check your posting history on the forum :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Or get out. :scream:

1 Like