Insane new pricing in Australia

What about pimp my Naim😳

That’s one way of covering the purchase price I guess :joy:

Maybe it was a bit of a white elephant…
Ah, well it was a nice try

2 Likes

Each piece in the USA is $9000. And there really isn’t a middle man. It’s Focal Naim America. That’s the distributor. BTW $9k in pounds is 6931.£

1 Like

A platter that was half the height of the chrome cake tin :man_shrugging: it would have been a total winner. I’ve always found the aesthetic visually jarring :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Dealers selling off here in UK at £10k ex demo against 16k new price. A bit steeper (double) depreciation compared to the usual 20% ex demo discount seen on amps etc.

Anyone seen the New Classic in Australia? I see pre-order only on the distributor’s shops.

As I type, the best bid on an eBay Solstice is £3557 with less than 2 days of auction to go. If it goes for even £7K, you could buy and ship to Oz and pay the tax and still be pleased with the SQ per $.

1 Like

As a connected question, how do those in Australia get anything serviced?

The biggest reason for me not to ship an LP12 to Tas is that, as far as I can see, servicing won’t happen. I may be able to pay someone in Melbourne to fly out every 5-8 years, but at the moment it looks as if they will simply refuse for any price.

New turntable prices, at least for anything with suspension, may not be the only problem in Oz…

1 Like

Probably hit on a big issue there Nick re LP12 servicing

My Linn/Naim dealer of 35+ years here in Sydney is an expert on all things LP12

I’m not aware of any others as good, I guess there must be but not so sure. I could almost guarantee no servicing facilities in Tassie but I could be wrong

Thanks @Bevo

The few turntable/decent hifi dealers in Tassie have all been emailed about the LP12. Despite chaser emails and suggestions that I will pay, they steadfastly refuse to reply. I could telephone, but suspect that the unresponsiveness is a pretty clear answer.

1 Like

Yep agree with you Nick for sure

Not worth the risk

I think it’s even risky in Sydney although the Linn distributor is here and they have a retail outlet so I guess expertise there

I must ask my dealer what other “experts” he is aware of around the country, never delved into that with him but would be good to know just for info

Not looking forward to the day my long suffering dealer decides to retire, I keep telling him he will have to do house calls in his old age

3 Likes

Anyone down here seen any news on the 300 series/Nait 50 prices in Australia? Seems most odd. Not even mentioned on the Distibutors retail sites. Something amiss methinks.

Nothing cdboy

As you say - odd

Rather than speculate, just call your dealer and ask them when the 300 series is expected and what the list price will be. Looking at other regions and the relationship to the 200 pricing, I’d guess $20k per box or thereabouts.

1 Like

I predict the US dollar price converted to the Aussie $. Richard has previously alluded to that and it appears close to what is being asked for the new 200 series…

Bugger that mate !!

1 Like

I suppose the thing to do is call and get a number. I said there was no point guessing. And then in the next sentence has a guess. :smile:

Not specific to Aus, but with cost of living what it is these days, I’m amazed anyone can buy this stuff (hifi general, not Naim specific) in any country.

1 Like

In Aussie and NZ the distributor sets the retail price (unlike UK where Naim HQ sets the price)

No news from distributor yet and retailers don’t know

Waiting game

2 Likes

In the meantime, for the NPX 300, the current price here of AUD 13500 is very close to the US price (quoted at the top of the new Classic thread Pt2) in terms of currency equivalence. $9000 US is about AUD 13638. If this carries through the other new 300 series products we get something like this:

NSS 333 streamer – $10,999 USD / AUD 16665 (AUD 30165 with NPX300 PS)
NAC 332 pre-amplifier – $10,999 USD / AUD 16665 (AUD 30165 with NPX300 PS)
NAP 350 monoblock power amplifier – $8,499 USD / AUD 12877 (Really AUD 25574 cos you need 2!)
NVC TT phono stage – $3,699 USD / AUD 5600 (if you use your NAC332 as a ‘budget’ PS)

I’ll be interested to see what our beloved distributor come up with once they turn their attention away from the $1.5m Magico they are currently spruiking.

3 Likes