Insane new pricing in Australia

Not quite, the article and people’s experience indicate that the NZ and Australian businesses have not been treated well, which ultimately extends to Naim’s customers.

3 Likes

Probably not as simple as put there. Undoubtedly to do with minimum order quantities in their contract and such. We’ll probably never find out the details and know where the fault truly lies, but to use a Dutch saying: Where two fight, two are (likely) at fault.

1 Like

Mike, reading your, Bevo and Petes experiences was clear to me. Something was massively wrong and its good that is has come out in public now. I hope it goes better for the reason that most of us love the Naim brand.

What I don’t believe is right though is that it is that the reason is Vervent / Focal / Venture capitalists et cetera.

No mention anyone being evil but I will say that imo it’s been poorly handled. The change we’ve seen in the past 3 years as long term customers concerned about how committed these companies are to the local market.

Also I don’t see it as a French or English thing business knows no border, it’s business that all.

1 Like

Oh yes. I get lots of experiences with that these days since my wife and teenage daughter can’t leave a single opportunity unused to disagree. If you have connections, could you please nominate me for the Nobel Peace prize?

4 Likes

Maybe I’m influenced by my English manager who’s on a daily basis telling about the battle at Agincourt and pointing to the French …

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, you are right that we don’t really know that, other than the events occurred after Vervent’s acquisition. However, correlation isn’t causation.

In essence, I hope it get better for you guys.

2 Likes

Yes hopefully so Ardbeg

The Retailers and Customers are getting the rough end of the pineapple currently as they say

Might go on and on if the Legal fraternity get involved which wouldn’t surprise me one bit

1 Like

Please bare in mind that there is a silver lining to this.

Mistakes have been made. By which party is not always clear - possibly several. But those involved have done things. Sure, they have all been total screw ups, but the point is there appears to be activity even if it all seems negative now it strongly indicates that the situation in ANZ has the attention of several parties.

That actually provides far more scope for solution with positive outcome then the alternative - dead silence from dealers, distributors (past and present) and Naim. That would indicate no change and no positive outcome.

4 Likes
  1. Like many, I was taught about Crecy and Agincourt at school, but not so much on the dozens of battles the English then lost because (a) they weren’t nearly as interesting and (b) the French are to blame for Joan getting burned at the end anyway. Also, the ‘English’ leaders were Scandinavian and French, weren’t they? And what happened to history being written by the winners?

2. Back on topic, @Bevo and @Pete_the_painter , this sorry tale may tell us nothing about 70M French or owners of unquoted companies in general (i.e. private equity), and we will probably never know how this particular mess arose. However, this whole episode is what destroying brand value looks like imho.

3. Why not buy s/h from a UK dealer, wait until you have owned the kit for 6M and then get it sent to you? You’ll have a couple of forms to fill in, but they are not terrifying (I managed), and the people at Australian customs are positively helpful with honest enquiries in my experience (which was a shock for anyone with a UK background). After all you’ve already had practice waiting for ages…

Best of all, this gets you Naim boxes at a big discount and ensures your money does not support this wunch of bankers. If you keep on buying, it will only encourage them.

2 Likes

IMG_0517

2 Likes

All very interesting though I find it very hard to believe Naim/Focal would ship anything without agreement or indeed payment. One thing for sure the last few years have been a debacle for the brand down here after a golden period which attracted so many of us to the brand. Not sure N/F will recover down here. Not even sure they want to. An epic tragedy.

2 Likes

While what you say is probably true you’ve forgotten one thing, the dealer. We’re not asking (if I can speak for others) for discounts or looking to avoid paying appropriate taxes. We just want a fair price and the security that if anything goes wrong it’ll be fixed somewhere this side of the equator.

5 Likes

That’s completely fair.

Just don’t reward/ encourage these people with any more of your hard-earned while this sort of thing continues.

1 Like

Sensationally put Pete

Pretty simple at the end of the day and I’m sure the Retailers are of the same mind

3 Likes

If you think Naim has insane pricing in Australia. Try Witch Hat. You pay for a item, wait for months, then never receive it!

3 Likes

Well that’s a great way to grow a brand - I don’t think :-1:t2:

Madness NoNaim

1 Like

Now we know why. Sympathy for how you and others have been treated.

1 Like

We can rant and rave about it all here down under but just have to see where it all ends up

Sad times currently , I’m more worried about the dealers , I have enough naim black boxes to last me for the rest of my days

2 Likes