Insane new pricing in Australia

Just a thought; for all the heavily discounted Classic gear, was it bought by the Distributer rather than purchased to order?
Or, did Naim, knowing they had a new Classic line coming on-stream, “offload” a lot of older gear to kick start the AU NZ Naim market…
There’s lot of speculation but I would think Naim have had some sort of issue with the Distributer for that relationship to have ended.
Let’s hope the new Distributer understands the needs of Naim, their dealers and their customers.

Apparently when they signed both agreed on a number of stock that is purchased. Problem is it appears someone over estimated the numbers.

4 Likes

Time to buy Classic at heavily discounted rates :sunglasses:
I wouldn’t mind a new 252 SC and 300 amp for my Aussie system :wink:

3 Likes

Yep an old DR 300 would sound good in mine too.

5 Likes

Bring one in your carry on next week Pete. Cash awaits. :rofl:

2 Likes

After just losing my money with Witch Hat I’m nervous that my tickets for Lords are a scam too. :scream:

2 Likes

As long as you don’t have tickets for day 5, you should be ok.

2 Likes

Who is the new Asian Distributor ? Perchance is this entity Singapore based ?

Did I miss something with WitchHat, Pete?

Yes they’ve shutdown and gone into liquidation.

What a nightmare. Hopefully you can get your money back from the card issuer or administrator.
What did you have on order?

I guess the answer to the question is to contact a dealer and ask them, if you were to place an order for a 332 today, hypothetically, where would they be ordering that from?

There are three possible answers:

• Businesoft.
  • Company X.
  • At this exact moment, no one. If the box is not already at a dealer, then it’s not available. We are in limbo.

The Spectra speaker cable in September last year (and paid for) and being lying about production/delivery ever since.

They say they have actually appointed an insolvency practitioner rather than gone into liquidation. The difference is that In insolvency, they will try to sell the business to someone who takes over the order book and so on whereas in liquidation the liquidator seeks to sell the assets to realise cash for the creditors.

So all is not totally lost yet Pete.

1 Like

I’ve been involved with a lot of businesses in the same boat and the result is always the same. Creditors (unsecured) get bugger all.

Can you try through you credit card company?

Don’t know it’s been almost 12 months don’t think it’s their fault

That’s what the buyer protection is there for on credit cards, so you might as well give it a shot, especially given the price of the Spectre.

I feel sorry for the people who have items in there for servicing etc who will now not know if their black boxes will be returned. It really makes you think!

I really enjoyed the uplift the Morgana cables brought to my Naim system but I only have one source cable left now. Maybe it’s just gone up in value, who knows.

2 Likes

I’m very disappointed I thought these guys were genuine and I loved the fact that I was supporting a small business that was run by people that understood hi fi. However the truth is they’re in over their heads and have inadvertently damaged the people that supported them.

5 Likes

Absolutely right Pete. The direct to consumer model kept the prices down, but I can’t help feeling they needed more cable stocks in place before launching products. The waiting times got tiresome and it was likely down to cash flow. When I had to spec cable for work, the minimum quantity was 10km which ran to a fair chunk of change.

4 Likes