Insane new pricing in Australia

credit card provider will cover the cost - pop the claim in now

Cheers. I’ll try on Monday but I can’t see how they’d except responsibility

Credit card providers dont accept responsibility as such- they dont need do as its all about the purchaser protection that they have.
Mastercard and visa have slightly different schemes - which are visible on line
Its a key reason to always use a credit card for significant purchases

1 Like

With so many rumours flying about and total silence from the current/previous Naim/Focal distributor Busisoft, perhaps it’s time for communication from HQ as to what is happening to Naim distribution in the antipodes?

2 Likes

I can’t see us getting an official statement until any ongoing distribution arrangements are finalised and/or tidied up for both commercial and Legal reasons.

1 Like

But if the upgrade has a sound signature that ultimately disappoints you, then it’s not really an upgrade.

Correct, but why would I do that? I mean, Naim isn’t the only horse in the paddock and I’ve never thought, if it doesn’t sound like Naim, I’d quit this and just stop buying hifi.

What’s on your list?

1 Like

Well right now with a new house we built, a new mortgage, a cost of living crisis, two kids that get more expensive every day and no salary increase since the start if covid, nothing.

But my second main system is a Luxman and it sounds totally different to the Naim but I like it as much for different charms. I’d be happy to consider a maxed out Luxman system. I’ve not really shortlisted beyond that simply because the universe seems to have decided for me at present.

5 Likes

No responsibility taken, you will be reimbursed from their global insurance. Put the claim as soon as possible, it worked very well for me in the past. @Pete_the_painter

1 Like

It would be nice to hear officially exactly what is going on with Naim Focal down under. Deathly silence continues.

1 Like

I would guess that nothing can be said, particularly if there are legal issues, while things are worked out.

1 Like

If so, it would be nice to have it confirmed officially. There wouldn’t be any legal issue with saying that, due to legal issues, nothing can currently be said. It would have the benefit of at least acknowledging that Naim understands there are customers in these territories who are understandably keen to be updated, even if this can’t be done immediately.

Saying nothing and leaving people to infer or surmise that this might be due to legal issues, or, equally, might just be because Naim neither knows nor cares about such customers is not good practice.

Mark

6 Likes

The NZ dealers have stock listed on their web sites (except for the new 300 series), though I haven’t any need to buy any Naim from them at the moment. They did source me a new remote for the NDX2 when I needed it a while ago and I got some pre-owned Naim items from them.

I guess we don’t know any more than the press report Pete posted about a change in distributer. I very much doubt there will be any announcement at all. When the distributer changed a few years ago, RM let their clients know so that last orders could be placed. But there was never any announcement about the distributer or dealers, that was left to word of mouth pretty much.

I suppose all you can do is contact a current dealer if you are interested about a product or warranty issue. My feeling is that we are on our own now for servicing.

1 Like

There is another article on that Chanel News site saying that it looks like Naim focal to announce new distributors in certain regions or words to that effect

Also one of the investors in the vervent group might be looking to exit and looking for new investors

I’ll bet there is a legal fight going on in the background somewhere

3 Likes

Has anyone heard anything about a new distributor for Aus/NZ. Would have thought Naim would have put out some kind of statement by now.

As Richard said, they possibly can’t if they are still in legal dispute. Even if they could, it may be unwise if a possible outcome is that Naim and Busisoft make good and chummy again. In these situations, a running commentary of progress before a final outcome can do more harm than good.

1 Like

Can’t see it getting any worse.

2 Likes

Meanwhile Naim dealers not selling Naim equipment I guess , they’re the fallout in all of this

I don’t even know if Busisoft supplying their stock, I suspect not

1 Like

Well we don’t know the story. But a pre-communication could torpedo a repairable relationship or send a bad message to potential new regional partners and make them think otherwise.

It could definitely get worse.