Insane new pricing in Australia

Well our great dealer has been the distributor before

I’m sure he certainly would not put up his hand again and I don’t blame him

2 Likes

Here in Singapore, my dealer Absolute Sound also mention no longer a Naim dealers coming in July 23. I still have my 552 replacement awaiting to come back. Very interesting development in the Asia Pacific region here.

No I wouldn’t blame him either but it would be nice. Naim would also benefit from his wealth of knowledge and experience.

Naim might but I doubt the rest of the Group really don’t care too much about that

Bottom line rules these days

1 Like

Normally I’d think so too, but all of this knowledge will pertain to the CB, olive and classic lineups. While we might value that knowledge, strictly from a new sales perspective the brand would place little stock in it.

The truth however is that this knowledge is valuable, as selling used gear to new-to-Naim customers builds the brand and establishes brand loyalty (as evidenced by this thread and forum). I doubt the overall owners value this though. Private equity owners don’t care about brand longevity, they’re in it for a short term gain.

3 Likes

I see a refurbished 2004 500dr amplifier went for £9800 and a 552 dr preamp went at a trademe online auction for £7200 both with power supplies, today in an NZ auction site. Do these relatively low prices indicate a lack of belief in NZ naim ongoing service?

2 Likes

Think it might be dealers dumping old stock, however it’s hard to work out what’s happening as no body is talking.

2 Likes

The final price on the 500 DR was a bit high I thought, possibly indicative that they don’t come up very often and there were a few keen bidders to have it. On the other hand, somehow got a pretty good buy on the 552 DR. I thought it would have been the other way round.

It’s probably inevitable that there will be a slump in the market now that there is no distributer, confidence in buying will take a hit.

2 Likes

In this instance, ex dealer’s personal kit. He’s moved on. Why? Because like many the whole NZ situation causes the gag reflex to work overtime :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Now August without any official news. Very poor show Naim/Focal.

3 Likes

Feels a bit like being a wallflower at a party doesn’t it :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I have an idea why not make a trip to the UK and visit head office in Salisbury and ask the question.

I know that sounds silly but….:crazy_face:

2 Likes

It this a time loop? I’m sure I witnessed the question being asked.

Have the Focal Powered by Naim stores shut up shop? Have all the dealers dropped Naim?

Good question don’t think they’re been a success here.

I heard from a mate that Busisoft are fairly universally hated by both customers and dealers; don’t do great with most brands; and insist on dealing through the Addicted To Audio chain. And yet they are still around mopping up distributor licenses. And that was from a discussion where the word “Naim” wasn’t uttered.

1 Like

None of that surprises me it also confirms what most of us thought.

4 Likes

Yes I bet Cambridge Audio are wondering what has happened to their NZ sales. A parallel tragedy to the Naim fiasco I hear.

2 Likes

Yep Paul Quilter (PQ Imports) after doing a sterling job with his retailers for 30+ years :man_shrugging: gone… why? Busisoft strikes again :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Ditto Dynaudio and Busisoft I hear.

2 Likes