Integrated Naim amplifier census

SN2. SN3 backordered, available in November (I hope).

Loved my old 3020B and I’ve just bought a very fine sounding boxed, late Nad C372. Had very fond memories of this amp from fifteen or so years ago and am in the process pairing it with the same deck I had then, Technics SL1200 Mk 2 except the one I’m hoping to buy has been pimped up a bit and has an Audio Origami moddified Rega RB300 arm.
Paired with my Contour S3.4 speakers I’m hoping it will all sound rather good.

2 Likes

I’m surprised to see so many NAD 3020s here. I love NAD stuff, but I’d have taken a Denon PMA-250 over the 3020 any day. I think that little Denon was peerless at the price.

Haven’t had an integrated since my Radford HD250 that I replaced with Musical Fdelity The Preamp / P170 in about 1992…

In December it will be 20 years with the Nait 3.

10 Likes

I think this thread has drifted away from the OP’s intended subject. Perhaps he should ask Richard to insert the word Naim in the title?

Yes, I ask Richard to edit, I only liked integrated naim!

I have a SN2

1 Like

Edited for you, Andrea.

I have a null entry for you. I have two separates’ systems but both the integrateds I’ve heard, a Nait 5 that I bought new but unheard and owned for a month and a supernait “1” that I had a proper demo of when a CD5x led me to give Naim amps a second chance, had a “glare” (for want of a better term) to the sound that a 202/200 didn’t. Those two Naits would have had me looking elsewhere if they were the only Naim I’d heard.

Hello Rick
Why did you downgrade sound wise?

NAIT xs2
SN 2 and love it :grinning::notes:

2 Likes

Another nait 3 - this one has been doing workshop duties for a few years driving Epos 14s. The backlit logo has recently given up but it sounds as good as ever - a little dynamo!

Mr Tibbs

4 Likes

Okay but the voting has no Nait3 option. And that would be my vote.

Personal reasons

Nait (Red LED) and CB Nait 2- both serviced.

Might sell the 2 at some point in the future.

I like to keep things original but have to say I quite like your stealth Nait :slight_smile:

Same ladder as the one I climbed !

Nait XS2

1 Like

Another Nait XS2 here…
Playing a variety today, from The Mothers’ Uncle Meat via Don Cherry and Bartok to The Roches ending with Tool. Sounded lovely.

Hearing my next step, the Supernait 3, on Wednesday…I have great expectations :slight_smile:

4 Likes