Interesting TV

Detectorist Alert

Just heard that a 75 minute one off special of the delightful Detectorist’s has been commissioned, apparently it will pick up 5 years after Andy and Lance’s major find at the end of season 3 and will feature the usual cast of members of the Danbury Metal Detecting Club and should be out towards the end of 2022, can’t wait for this one.

12 Likes

Rewatching the excellent, The Fall BBC TV Series. I’ve always had a soft spot for Gillian Anderson since she slept in my bedroom - okay, not at the same time as me.

2 Likes

I’ve slept in Peter Capaldi’s sleeping-bag, again, not at the same time.

We could start a thread, ‘Stars You Have Not Quite Slept With’…or some such.

G

2 Likes

Would dream sequences be allowed? :grin:

4 Likes

Think most of us at a certain age have a bit of a crush Gillian Anderson, mine goes all the way back to The X Files. Bye the way The Fall is rather good as well.

2 Likes

Secrets of size, BBC4; JimAl-Khalili takes us on a journey. Stunning science.

5 Likes

Looks very interesting.

3 Likes

BBC4 is the place to be tonight: programme on Emmylou Harris, followed later by Linda Ronstadt concert from 1976 and then Southern rock at the BBC…

1 Like

Have been enjoying the new series of “DNA Family Secrets” on BBC2 or Catch up.

Some very moving stories and discoveries. Occasional tissues needed.

1 Like

A heads up to all you Tolkien fans out there Amazons Lord Of The Rings series The Rings Of Power is due to start in September this year and early reports are pretty promising, the series is expected to run for 5 seasons so might rival GOT if your in to this type of thing.

1 Like

I was reading an article that Amazon have made a few changes to make it more ‘acceptable’ - if you know what I mean.

Going to settle down tonight with " Operation Mincemeat" from Sky Store. Waited ages for this.

2 Likes

Just started watching Tehran on Apple.
Political drama set in the Middle East.

2 Likes

We are on the second Season, it’s very good, well acted and well conceived. Season 2 reminds me a little of The Americans.

1 Like

Started on season 4 of Stranger Things, looks alot darker than previously if the first episode is anything to go by.

I’ve been trying to figure out what the current series of Silent Witness reminds me of but with Duncan Preston in it tonight, I now realise it is the new Acorn Antiques!

Or it’s just complete and utter total sh*te by accident…

1 Like

It’s been sh*te for several years now

4 Likes

Just finished a uk new serial movie, the Responder. I enjoyed a lot. The french summary wrote that’s about a rude and brutal police officer. I disagree. I found it very human and sensitive.

6 Likes

I have just noted that Sky Arts has a concert by The Smile (Tom Yorke, Jonny Greenwood, Tom Skinner)
on this evening

2 Likes

Yep the series was broadcast in the UK a few months ago, certainly not rude or brutal, case hardened and compassionate more like.

After a so-so first episode it grew into a very good series.

Non UK viewers may not get the sheer ‘Scouseness’ of it however!

3 Likes