Interesting TV

Cheers Steve,
Ian

Watched first two episodes of Sherwood tonight. Excellent so far.

3 Likes

Just had part 4 on, it’s superb.

1 Like

It just gets better and better. Hard to see it not winning every award going this year. Superb writing by a proper dramatist. If episodes 5 & 6 as good as the rest then it will join the ranks of the all time great tv dramas IMO

3 Likes

Have been watching Obi Wan on Disney, it’s OKish, nothing spesh imo.

However I’ve given up on pt 6 for the moment. Half of it is filmed in darkness, which may be OK for cinematic viewing or if your TV is in a room with blackout curtains but for anyone else in a normal, well lit room it’s impossible to follow what’s going on!

A little on the Dark Side in your environment then!

Looking fine here in 4K UHD / Dolby Vision.

Ok here too.

The worst series for being dark was Game of Thrones, my partner gave up on it in the end.

I just started to watch the serial movie « Fargo « , on Netflix. I had dismissed it because I thought it was a pale copy of the original Coen brothers movie.
In fact it’s a true delight. I recommend strongly.

7 Likes

Martin Freeman’s performance is excellent.

1 Like

Netflix also have Fargo series 2 - 5 available.

1 - 4 I thought managed to retain the quirkiness of the original, but series 5 was a bit meh.

2 Likes

The movie was excellent but I haven’t been able to get to the tv series.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s a question of right moment. I tried before Fargo serial and was not involved. But now I am very pleased to watch it. Maybe later I will be tired, who knows.

Can highly recommend Hidden on BBC iPlayer - there are 3 series available, currently.
Its another Welsh Noir - Hinterland is another - also v-good.

3 Likes

A bit of an r.i.p., I see Frank Williams, The Reverend Timothy Farthing from Dad’s Army, has died.

Bar Ian Lavender, I was surprised there were any of the regulars left!

2 Likes

Sherwood - Truth can indeed be stranger than fiction:

G

2 Likes

The Undeclared War, C4.
Despite this poor review I’m enjoying this futuristic drama; ok it’s only a couple of years in the future, and maybe I’m not a critical viewer, but I like it’s portrayal of a cyberattack.

1 Like

Currently enjoying

A Scandi crime show… has alot of common tropes such as a new partnership between two detectives with clashing outlooks but their troubled back stories start to come to the fore when they slowly loose their grip on reality during the investigation.

1 Like

Sounds interesting, thanks. I’ll add it to the queue.

Just finished watching it this evening and enjoyed it very much.

1 Like

Mrs Pete and I just binged Undeclared War, found it quite interesting. It makes you realise just how dangerous the web can be.

3 Likes