Interesting TV

I can recommend Lupin on Netflix; it’s a French crime caper.

3 Likes

The original Thunderbirds on Talking Pictures TV at 3pm Saturdays. One for kids of all ages :grin:

Warning – the YT clip is for this week’s coming episode.

8 Likes

I won’t be able to sleep tonight now.

Added dimension to Minder repeats when they add a signer in the corner who attempts to deal with some of the colourful prose :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well having watched 5 or 6 episodes of Season 1 I’m not at all sure it’s what I was expecting, it’s good but rather dark.

For some reason started watching the 1883 prequel last night - now that’s brilliant and right up my street. It even has Virgil from Tombstone in it!

2 Likes

Watched the 1st episode of The Long Shadow. Very well acted/directed/produced, so it’s a good start. Toby Jones is a bit… usual Toby Jonesish, but he’s fine.

Before seeing it, I saw headlines of MailOnline complaining about the poor sound. Loads of comments about poor low speech and loud background noise, so I was quite interested to see what they’re all talking about. I didn’t have any problems at all. I wrote a while ago about how taking the sound from the analogue out of the tv gave a much more smoother natural sound and the background street noises went into the…er, background.

5 Likes

BBC4 ‘Black Snow’ set inland of the Gold Coast is pretty good.

G

4 Likes

I haven’t seen the original movie The Boiling Point, but heard lots of good things about it. So I was interested to see what the 4 part BBC drama was like. What an absolute pile of trash. Garbage camera work & directing, typical tv drama ‘Coronation Street’ acting and a stream of corny lines. No thanks, I won’t go beyond episode 1.

2 Likes

I’ve been bingeing on “Crime” the Irvin Welsh detective series on ITV X. Set in Edinburgh and starring Dougray Scott, who on this evidence has been under-utilised elsewhere.

4 Likes

Just finished the first series. Will start the second this weekend.

2 Likes

Been looking for this - but after many searches drawn a blank.

Do you mean Black Snow?

2 Likes

He’s been around the block in both film and TV, but his casting as Ray Lennox in Irvine Welsh’s “Crime”, is nothing short of inspired.

2 Likes

Oops, yes!

Edited now, sorry.

G

1 Like

Netflix - Lupin Series 3

3 Likes

Pleasantly surprised by Scandal on All4.

Finished the series. Brilliant drama.

1 Like

Was it available previously? Feel sure I’ve seen the early episodes before.

Given up on this. Too slow, too drawn out and with a convoluted plot.

1 Like

I’m sure it was as there are a number of series available.

Me too it slow lacks any real pilot, I feel like staring out the window would be more productive and entertaining.