Interesting TV

Apologies for people that have already mentioned this but I only started watching last night: For All Mankind on Apple. I think Season 4 is about to launch but based on the first episode I am already hooked. Imagines an alternative timeline to the space race where Russia land a man on the moon first in ‘69 and this unleashes a very different downstream “history”. The period detail of the early 70s is evocative and I like the acting. Sorry to be behind the times but that’s me…

5 Likes

“Midwinter of the Spirit” on ITV. Quite an unusual premise for a TV show. Timed for Halloween I assume.

Yep the pope got killed and John Lennon survived.

I’ve enjoyed it although it did get a little soapy towards the end of season 3. Showering still looking forward to season 4.

1 Like

Just finished ‘Payback’ on ITV. Set in Edinburgh and very good.

G

3 Likes

Watched the first two episodes of this. Our son did all the casting so we’re pretty proud of his actor choices, he chose well! It is good though (as is the book).
Unfortunately only on Paramount.

2 Likes

Woohoo - Masterchef The Professionals starts on Beeb 1 tonight. Best cooking show on TV by a country mile

5 Likes

Started ‘Bodies’ on Netfix. Promising so far.

After that, our end of evening ‘wind down’ is ‘Only Murders in the Building’. Late to the party on that one I know. The cat in the freezer compartment had me in stitches last night.

G

2 Likes

Little Trains & Big Names with Pete Waterman on Channel 4.

But then I’m a railway modeller…

steve

4 Likes

Hopefully season 2 will be as good as the first season.

5 Likes

Went back to it to see the final episode which was inconclusive, so I wish I hadn’t bothered.

1 Like

Not really traditional TV, but the Hot Ones series on Youtube is absolutely hilarious. Famous people getting interviewed while eating chicken wings with various different hot sauces of steadily increasing Scoville rating. A cracking bit of light entertainment.

Here’s a recent one with Flea from RHCP…

The Gordon Ramsay episode is also highly recommended.

Just started “The long Shadow”. 7 part drama about the Yorkshire Ripper murders. Serious cast.

2 Likes

Colin From Accounts been mentioned by others and I have to say it’s great. Really does get better as it goes along and looking forward to second series

6 Likes

But of a long gap since you posted - since then we have got up to season 7 of Last Man Standing which was mentioned by someone. There have been some hilarious cameos from people in Tool Time (including Tim’s wife in that show as a neighbour, and Al).

And this week I got to the Tool Time episode where he bought the stereo. Excellent stuff - had forgotten that one

Re other things mentioned in the last couple of months, Fisk was great, ditto Colin from accounts. Currently watching Scandal - am not sure it’s not getting a bit too mad for me though my wife really likes it “just one more…” :joy:

2 Likes

Just getting to the last of 7 episodes of The Long Shadow about the Yorkshire Ripper Murders, on ITVX. Focuses on the Police and the Victims. The Murderer is seldom seen. Excellent dark period piece.
It is amazing he was caught at all. A lot of hard working Police but led by Officers who held blinkered, stubborn, arrogant attitudes. Any evidence which didn’t fit with their theory at that moment was ignored. Anyone who has been in any kind of senior or middle management will be tearing their hair out if they watch this.
Watching the last episode tonight so assume he will be caught tonight, but I’m not holding my breath. Lol.

5 Likes

It’s been a while…

7 Likes

Number 1 super guy

1 Like

Ever wondered why most Aussies live on the coast, this should help explain it.

Last Stop Larrimah: Murder Down Under

3 Likes

That has gone straight on to my must-watch list. What a miserable little sh!thole it looks!

1 Like

After a recommendation, started watching the TV crime Drama " Shetland". Starting from back in 2013. So far very impressed.

10 Likes