Interesting TV

Watching episode 3 of the new Ashley Jensen iteration as I type.

Holding its own.

G

5 Likes

Posted elsewhere but this is great fun, somewhat predictable in places perhaps, but he can still play the tough guy with a heart:

2 Likes

Star Trek ‘The Original Series’ was a huge part of my childhood, I’m starting to enjoy ‘The Next Generation’ more than when it originally aired but most of the other spin-offs left me cold.

Subscribed to Paramount+ to watch Yellowstone and found ‘Strange New Worlds’.

For an old fart like me it just has so much of that ‘TOS’ feel with a thoroughly modern balance when it comes to the female characters.

I think every Star Trek series, original or derivative, has had a few fun/silly episodes and there’s a superb one in the second series which has its own soundtrack.

So to anyone who may have enjoyed TOS but got a bit bored with later versions I’d recommend this highly.

Why? Simple, it cheers me up and brings a smile to my face. That’s pretty rare for most TV shows these days.

5 Likes

German series on Amazon called Therapy.

Real twists and turns and thought we’d got it until the last 15mins.

Strangely moving in the end.

3 Likes

Just finished the six part series 3 of “Shetland”. Blimey, gripping stuff. Great story.

4 Likes

We’re currently watching the latest series think it’s 6, great story good cast and a few surprises.

5 Likes

The Horror of Dolores Roach is an interesting season on Prime. Cannibal comedy.

Mirzapur, Indian mafia based, is also good.

The London nobody knows. Documentary from 1967.

Talking Pictures Tuesday 28th 0.10 - 1.00.

2 Likes

YES Matty!!!

1 Like

I’ve only seen three episodes os Strange New Worlds (on a flight) but really enjoyed them. I also loved the first three series of Star Trek Discovery. These should also hit your likes and Anson Mount, as Captain Pike, featured in the second series. Lots of really good fan references to TOS including Spock and the mirrorverse.

1 Like

Secrets of The London Underground on Yesterday. And, you can also explore some of the tube secrets on Hidden London tours - Down Street Station is highly recommended.

3 Likes

Finally got time to watch Boat Story. Excellent.

8 Likes

Yes, need to revisit it, I didn’t enjoy the first episode much and didn’t give it much time thereafte, but was keen to take another look knowing Anson Mount was in it later on.

It is worth bearing with it. The first series gets better and better as it goes on and gets spellbinding when they get stuck in the mirrorverse. The second series is brilliant from the start and has a great return to Talos IV.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m goimg to have to work backwards again!

I’m just watching the final episode of Strange New Worlds Season 2 on the Mac, boy this is a great show and stands on its own feet without seeing Discovery first. Just had a squee moment in this episode. You have some great episodes ahead of you.

Yes, very well realised.

1 Like

We’re just working our way through Payback, a 6 part crime thriller on ITV, set in Edinburgh. I can thoroughly recommend it.

3 Likes

Season 3 of Slow Horses out today on Apple TV. The first 2 seasons have been brilliant, so I can’t wait to get Season 3 underway.

7 Likes

I love watching snooker on the box but the commentary is such a load of cobblers I have to turn the sound down.

steve

1 Like

If you like snooker, and have Amazon Prime, the Ronnie O’Sullivan documentary is well worth a watch. A fascinating insight.

4 Likes