Interesting TV

Just watching penultimate episode of Masterchef - The Professionals and it’s if The Day Today has made a spoof of high end Danish cooking - hilarious and often revolting

3 Likes

Tend to agree @crispyduck, pigs windpipe filled with bechamel !! someone’s having a laugh

2 Likes

Indeed - £550 per head without drinks or service

1 Like

It must be me but when it comes to cookery programmes I would rather watch paint dry. Each to their own but I don’t see the attraction. Before you ask, yes I do like cooking.

steve

3 Likes

It’s my favourite TV series , I knew what was coming and thought "pretentious twaddle " I mean it’s not like raw kangaroo , is it?

I’m afraid I’m a Rules person (if given the chance) a steak and kidney pudding , a nice sweet followed by cheese & biscuits

2 Likes

The right person won Masterchef! So pleased

4 Likes

He wants to make people think about parts of animals not used but edible plus caged hens etc.
I thought his food was very thought provoking ,not saying I’d eat it though

1 Like

Interesting idea. I suspect the people who can fly to Copenhagen for a weekend and blow £1000 a head on the meal aren’t eating battery chickens in the first place? Perhaps he might be better dissuading people not to emit huge amounts of carbon dioxide by flying to Denmark for a meal?

2 Likes

Or donate some of that £1000 plus to some who struggle to afford a can of beans.

2 Likes

Masterchef was great this year.

Spoiler, don’t scroll down…………

Well done Tom. He was the equally the best all the way through with Philippe, before he went out. Enjoyed that.

Might give the pig’s windpipe and chicken feet a miss though.

5 Likes

Just watched season 1 of A Moodys Christmas, very funny. It’s on Netflix.

First seen it 10 years ago and worth a look.

In the beginning stages I had tagged Philippe as a finalist but he somehow blew it with his last couple of dishes. A real talent though

2 Likes

‘A Nearly Normal Family’ on Netflix is binge worthy, although ‘nearly’ doing some heavy lifting.

G

1 Like

We just finished Bodies on Netflix almost gave up after the 2nd episode but stuck with it. Interesting if not confusing storyline.

2 Likes

My 3 best serial movies in the recent months:

• D’argent et de sang.
  • Gangs of London.

1 Like

IMG_2504

1 Like

We somehow missed “The Tick” until now.

Perfect brain off, wine in hand, weekend watching.

1 Like

Watching A Murder At The End Of The World on Disney Star.

Very slow but quite intriguing. Like a futuristic ish Agatha Christy. Two episodes to go and get a vague feeling the end maybe a let down or left wide open for another series.

1 Like

Yeah, we enjoyed that as very light entertainment. As you say, it’s pretty slow, like most of the things that are interminably stretched out into these types of series. Slow Horses is a great exception to this rule.

1 Like

Underrated classic. Loved “The Tick”.

1 Like