Interesting TV

Hidden Assets is an excellent series, Season 2 was on Irish tv earlier in the year and is a step up from the very good S1 - more dramatic this time. Good choice.

2 Likes

Last night I watched a tribute to Mike Yarwood on BBC4 with Rory Bremner.

Saw this photo of Yarwood with Richard O’Sullivan taken last year at Brinksworth House in Twickenham. I must admit I was quite moved to see these two stars in their old age. The programme showed the brilliance of Mike Yarwood’s impressions.

6 Likes

Why aren’t they both wearing a cravat?

1 Like

A friend wore one in the early 70’s but they were old fashioned then. Brinksworth House, which you probably know is a retirement home for actors and is a couple of miles from where I live and Man About the House, O’ Sullivan’s well known sit-com was made in Teddington Studios just down my road.

Starting from scratch with series 1, we have now got to the last episode of series 8 of Shetland. Shall watch it tonight.

Have really enjoyed the programme. Will miss Perez, I think. The new Lady in series 8 seems not only irresponsible but also quite annoying.

Shetland has a population of less than 25,000 and the body count must make it one of the most dangerous places in the world, so I won’t be going there anytime soon.

Nice to watch a series where the plots and the characters have time to develop.

Similar recommendations welcome please.

1 Like

Try Hinterland - fairly similar but set in Wales.

4 Likes

I assume you’ve already devoured every season of Vera. If not, that should be your next port of call.

2 Likes

I see Vera is written by the same writer. We did watch some early Vera, but found her a bit annoying. Will give it another try, thank you.

1 Like

Clearly you have never been to the county of Midsomer or the island of Jersey :wink:

4 Likes

It gets much, much better.

And add Saint Marie to your list of places to avoid.

3 Likes

On Amazon - Reacher S2, ep 4

Let’s just say, now we’re cooking, with a very welcome surprise around 29 mins in.

1 Like

Or the city of Oxford…

2 Likes

I used to wear one sometime around the late 60s, early 70s. Very old fashioned, but also very comfortable. It’s a shame they are not worn these days.

Vigil (the new one) was quite good. Not very realistic, but good none-the-less

4 Likes

Half way through the 1st series of Vigil, enjoying it.

1 Like

Watched the Morecambe and Wise Christmas Show from 1971 on BBC4 a couple of nights ago – many of their shows are on iPlayer.

Of course, the 1971 show includes that great guest appearance by the now late Mr. Andre Preview. Wonderful stuff…and from a time when true superstars (Jackson, Bassey et al) would regard an invitation by M&W as a badge of honour.

7 Likes

Difficult decisions today.
Jumanji, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beet- - -, Big or stick with live Dr Who and Ghosts. My inner child will decide.

I feel like watching Groundhog Day, it’s a funny thing but it always feels like it should be a Christmas movie, even though it’s not.

I feel like watching Groundhog Day, it’s a funny thing but it always feels like it should be a Christmas movie, even though it’s not.

I feel like watching Groundhog Day…

8 Likes

They repeat it every year.

G

3 Likes

15 minute ‘Ricky Tomlinson - Remembers The Royle Family’, followed by 1999 Christmas Special.

A must watch, both together. Comedy at its best and the emotional bathroom scene. Pure class.

4 Likes