Interesting TV

Well, that’s not not STRICTLY (ahem) necessary…:thinking::wink:

I can’t imagine what you are getting at. Perhaps you could er um enlighten…:rofl:

Something that makes those of us who have dilligently paid for media services/content over the years makes us wonder why we were mugs to corporate greed when others simply ’sampled what was out there’ for free.

2 Likes

No intent to criticise there, I’ve just got a bit sick of buying VHS/Betamax then DVD, HD DVD /Blu Ray, 4k Blu Ray plus separate purchased downloads at different times to enjoy the same old crap repackaged and re-presented with better quality and no incentive for anyone to actually ‘upgrade’ at any stage.

2 Likes

I remember my disappointment at about the time that CDs became available. Vinyl was about £10 to £12 a shot. CDs came out at the same price, possibly more. Even for CDs of old (e.g. Beatles, Floyd etc.) albums. When I knew that one of the CD-pressing companies was charging the labels about 90p for the CD, jewel case and inserts. I felt a little bit like I was being taken for a fool. I don’t have much sympathy for the music labels, especially given how little of the money goes to the artists themselves.

3 Likes

Bottoms Up.

Thursday 18th 9pm Gold.

Ade Edmondson talking about the show, with some unseen footage.

Not to be missed. :smiley:

3 Likes

‘Beef’. Micro aggression script on a grand scale. It’s great!

G

If anyone has started watching the Passenger series from ITV but not yet finished it, I wouldn’t bother…

Ditto Gray on Netflix. Intriguing set up draws you in then who’s the baddy twists and turns BUT dream sequences (hmm remember the Tourist season 2) then ludicrous plot developments and finally a non-denouement that is purely about setting up a season 2. AVOID

1 Like

Most ridiculous non-ending ending.

G

1 Like

‘Baby Reindeer’ docudrama on Netflix is quite something.

G

1 Like

Bit rubbish wasn’t it.

1 Like

One more episode of Shogun to go. Bloody good it is too. Will binge it through at some point.

6 Likes

The po-faced legions of pro critics have decided this dramatisation of the making of The Godfather is an offer you can refuse. But ratings by real people (Rotten Tomatoes and iMDB, for example) are ecstatic. And the people are correct. This is wonderful entertainment.

Intrepid producer Al Ruddy takes on the mob, Frank Sinatra, Hollywood’s power brokers and money men, and his own insecurities. The cast is dazzling (with a fine smattering of Brits, if that’s important to you), the script is thrilling and hilarious, and – even if the truth is a tad twisted in the best possible traditions of Tinseltown – the story is wild.

It’s the best show I’ve watched since the last time I saw the best show I’ve watched…

3 Likes

It was excellent, it wasn’t what I was expecting though. Highly recommend.

1 Like

Most of the things Taylor Sheridan has had a hand in on Paramount+ seem to have high production values and are pretty gritty.

Binge watched a few episodes of Lawmen: Bass Reeves the other day and so far seems excellent. I’m partial to westerns though which is why I probably preferred the Yellowstone prequels I’ve seen to date.

1 Like

Anyone familiar with the video game of the same name or even if your not for that matter should give Fallout on Prime a look because it is absolutely brilliant

3 Likes

‘Cuckoo’ on Ch5 lives up to its name. Compelling in its awfullness.

G

No idea about the game but heard it was good so giving it a go later

Thanks for the tip, had been planning to try that for several days. Good one to watch with family/teens?