Interesting TV

My favourite scene is where Al and Francis Coppola and the team are meeting Brando and he blacks his hair, puts paper in his mouth and looking into the mirror, says “Bonasera, Bonasera…” and right there - Vito Corleone is in the room.

1 Like

It is quite violent in places but it’s all done very tongue in cheek but if your teens are into gaming and have played anyone of the 4 main Fallout games then I’d say it’s an absolute must.

1 Like

Just watched the first 2 episodes. Very quirky, quite violent in places but in a rather tongue in cheek manner.

Could be very good.

Nobody watched this yet? A true story of stalking and a sense of mutual complicity. Disturbing, but very well done. Jessica Gunning is outstanding.

G

We’ve been watching This Town on BBC1. We’ve got to episode 3 and I think it’s brilliant. Great characters and a really engaging story.

5 Likes

Presently watching “Taboo” on ITVX. A bit earthy and dark, but enjoying it.

DG…

2 Likes

Watched the first episode of Mammoth on BBC2 last night. A comedy about a 1970s PE teacher who is frozen and revived in 2024. Not great but some laughs and fewer cringes than expected. Worth a look, if not for everyone,

3 Likes

Just finished binge-watching the second series of Blue Lights on BBC iplayer.
Kept me on the edge of my seat- highly recommended.

2 Likes

Last “Shogun” on Tuesday, “A dream within a dream”.

Then what? I may well pause and then binge it all in one go.

2 Likes

I’m a little late to the party but I’ve just finished ‘The Last of Us’. Easily the best post-apocalypse series I’ve watched. Outstanding performances from the leads - Pedro Pascal and particularly Bella Ramsey - they are something else. Episode 3 about Bill and Frank is quite possibly the best single episode of TV I’ve seen in a few years

5 Likes

Series 2 next year…You’ll have to try Fallout next, similar history (i.e. developed from a video game) but post nuclear dystopia as if imagined by Wes Anderson while having night sweats…

3 Likes

I’m 67 and channel surfing, I have seen a couple of episodes of MASH that I haven’t seen before. Been watching it for 50 years maybe, quite astonished.

2 Likes

Are they laugh-tack free?

Just finished watching “Masters of the Air”, which is based on the 100th BG of the US 8th Air Force.

Very good series and well portrayed.

From the same team that did “ Band of Brothers” and “Pacific”.

DG…

3 Likes

Hilarious, embarrassing, cringy and sad. Still enjoyable at times.

Four episodes in and episode 4 quite chilling. I can’t put into words how I feel about it but certainly thought provoking.

It’s brave and the acting is great.

1 Like

Just finished Zomboat on ITVX / Britbox. It’s about a Zombie apocalypse in Birmingham. I enjoyed it much more than I expected with quite a few laughs. No indication of a second series since this was from 2019.

Unexpected sighting on Jack Hargreaves ‘Out of Town’, latest episode on TPTV. Fishing with Greg Lake on his private stretch of Dorset river (River Allen, I think).

4 Likes

Red Eye on ITV.

Gripping if implausible in places. The repetitive Direct Line ads every 15 minutes are irritating.

4 Likes

Yep, also has a few echoes of Idris Elba’s Hijack from last year. Though that was on one of the streaming services, Apple(?)

1 Like