Interesting TV

C4’s ‘The Gathering’ after two episodes is shaping up nicely… I hope it maintains the suspense as there are numerous threads (read: sub-stories and suspects?) crossing over as the drama unfolds. Bonus: some nice location shots in and around Royal Albert Dock area, reminiscent of sights last year when we attended my eldest son’s graduation from University of Liverpool.

:crossed_fingers:the quality viewing continues…

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more, the plot was equally poor. I kept hoping that it was going to improve but unfortunately it didn’t. Such a shame when you compare it to some great dramas that have been shown recently. Three hours of my life I won’t get back.

You wonder how they can get so far in to making such evident rubbish before someone with a modicum of integrity and self respect says ‘Stop!’… ‘This rubbish is, well, RUBBISH!’

I once asked a tv actress friend about this and she explained that a) They are up against it budget wise and can’t afford the time to reshoot wooden performances, and b) Everything is filmed in such a fragmented way and then cobbled together afterwards that the true awfulness of it only becomes apparent then.

My wife and I met at Uni in Aberdeen, so that’s our excuse for 3hours laughing at the television.

Honest.

G

2 Likes

Really enjoying season 3 of Clarksons Farm on Prime, the banter between Jeremy and now farm manager Kaleb is priceless.

1 Like

Me too, I don’t actually like Clarkson but an enjoying his softer side.

And damn it, those pigs are cute!

2 Likes

Yes but it’s rather sad, Mrs Pete left the room. I was moved by JC’s sympathetic attempts to save them.

Good ‘Inside no.9’ tonight :slightly_smiling_face:

As was last week!

4 Likes

Brilliant 3rd series and gets better as it progresses. The 4th episode ‘Harrowing’ is extremely sad.

I almost wasn’t going to watch season 3 as I do think JC a bit of a dinosaur but glad I did. Just goes to show people can change.

1 Like

The final of Masterchef, there were three highly talented chefs, I must admit that I would have much preferred to eat the meal offered by Louise than the other two.

Octopus :octopus: are best let swimming in the sea and frogs legs , no.

2 Likes

Whilst diving in the past I have handled (juvenile) Pacific octopus - they are curious, like puppy dogs and certainly at least as bright, likely much more so. No way would I ever think of eating them after that !

4 Likes

Just for those interested the 2nd season of Colin From Accounts kicks off next week here in Australia.

15 Likes

Thoroughly enjoyed the first season, so, looking forward to this. :+1:

2 Likes

Season 2 of Tokyo Vice is available on iPlayer, I’ve watched the first couple of episodes and things are shaping up nicely

1 Like

New Rebus anyone?

Not convinced by the first episode but willing to keep trying. Reminded me a lot of Irvine Walsh’s Crime.

steve

The Chelsea Flower Show, not all episodes but enough to get a good feel for the show . These days I seem to enjoy programmes like Chelsea, Masterchef and Marcus Waring in Provence much more

They are the sort of programmes that the BBC does really well

Gave up after half-an-hour of mindless violence and cod accents. Ken Stott for us I’m afraid.

G

3 Likes

We abandoned it last night before the end of Episode 2.

1 Like

Catching up with Unforgotten series 1 & 2 which we hadn’t seen. Carried on with S3 which we had seen. Episode 3 or 4 features what I think must have been a Naim Uniti in the house of one of the suspects.

1 Like